Played golf in the Scottish Highlands? What factors influence your decision when choosing a golf destination?

D

Deleted member 3432

There's a course in Salem, New Hampshire that's called "Scottish Highlands."
Played it once but don't remember much about it.

Most of the Scotland courses that I've seen on TV were near the ocean, not in the Highlands.

Several courses in the Highlands are near the ocean, the region has plenty of coastline and therefore proper links tracks.

D

Deleted member 3432

That's very interesting. I assumed that Highlands meant high elevation, not sea level.

This forum continues to be educational for me. Thank you.

Its the area of North West Scotland.

Lots of mountains, lochs, castles and stunning coastline, lightly populated and in my view the most beautiful part of the British Isles and I'm English!

Golf is priced for the American visitor at places like Dornoch, Nairn and Castle Stuart.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its the area of North West Scotland.

Lots of mountains, lochs, castles and stunning coastline, lightly populated and in my view the most beautiful part of the British Isles and I'm English!

Golf is priced for the American visitor at places like Dornoch, Nairn and Castle Stuart.
I'd go further as it's easily the most beautiful part of the UK & IMO unique within Europe & in St Kilda, has the most isolated & most difficult place to visit in Europe & perhaps even further afield. West of Ireland is very similar, beauty wise & also has people there. ??
Oh yes, massive variety in the British Isles

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks, I know that but once Flybe collapsed, I decided to initially lengthen the holiday and book a stop enroute and on return. Then the virus became more serious and so, even though Logan Air had taken over, I thought there was no point in booking with a possibility of having it cancelled again.
stornoway flights are still going they have to provide those by law

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
all change, been decided all the hial Airports will close from Monday, been advised to Close i think Edin is too

That's a big one. I spoke to Harris GC yesterday and moved my entry to next year. My accommodation had been told to cancel visitors due to the ferries being limited to locals. Unless things change quickly, I can't see the event happening this year anyway. Now cancelling ferry bookings and hotels in Inverness either side of the holiday.