Played Cooden beach today

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've lived approx 20 minutes from Cooden for the last 4 years and never played it. Only really knew the name because of the organised meets I see on here.

It was a glorious sunny day and I'm told it was "as benign as it gets" because of the 10-15mph winds.... Well what a fantastic track. Each hole full of character and tests, lovely greens and very picturesque at points.

If you get a chance to play it.... Do.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played it a few weeks ago with my school old boys golf society. I really enjoyed it … 33 points after blobbing a couple early on, so not too shabby.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I love Cooden. Will rejoin there once I retire as they don't offer a competitive flexible membership at the moment. I'm still not playing enough to warrant full membership anywhere.
On a calm day it's a good scoring course. It's main defences are the wind and bunkering, so I guess it plays like a links course in that respect, but I never look on it as a true links.
Lovely springy turf and easy walking. Suits me down to the ground!!
You could always put your name down for the meet there next year (Friday June 24th and listed in "arrange a game").