Ping will be happy...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just realised that both tours at the weekend were won by players with a bag full of Ping clubs (& Pro-v's)

Must be a while since that happened and I guess someone is sitting in Ping HQ at the moment ordering extra ad space in GM's next issue

(wonder also how much of Bubba's season is really down to the ball change)

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interesting point on Bubba in a recent article, apparently he had an undisclosed illness which caused him to lose 20 pounds or so. I'm guessing that probably had more of an impact than the ball but largely seem to go unreported. Even in the article the ball was mentioned more than the illness.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Probably cried all the calories off

Not quite sure why there is so much Bubba hatred. The man is an absolute gentleman. He has a heart of gold as he proved once again at the weekend after winning. The Travellers Championship raised $1.8 million for their official charity over the course of the tournament. Bubba donated $200,000 of his winners cheque to round it up to $2 million.

Last year when he won the Metlife he pocketed a cool $1,000,000 of which he gave all to charity. He donated $500k to a Children's Hospital and another $500k to junior golf.

He's funded a hospital through his charity work, he funds businesses in his local area to offer employment etc etc. The man does so much tremendous selfless work. He's adopted children and giving them a wonderful life.

Fill your boots with snide comments but he's a gentleman in my eyes.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Having witnessed with members of this forum Bubba first hand In the flesh playing golf with no gallery, I'd say and will continue to say he's an arse and no amount of charity will change that opinion

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Not quite sure why there is so much Bubba hatred. The man is an absolute gentleman. He has a heart of gold as he proved once again at the weekend after winning. The Travellers Championship raised $1.8 million for their official charity over the course of the tournament. Bubba donated $200,000 of his winners cheque to round it up to $2 million.

Last year when he won the Metlife he pocketed a cool $1,000,000 of which he gave all to charity. He donated $500k to a Children's Hospital and another $500k to junior golf.

He's funded a hospital through his charity work, he funds businesses in his local area to offer employment etc etc. The man does so much tremendous selfless work. He's adopted children and giving them a wonderful life.

Fill your boots with snide comments but he's a gentleman in my eyes.

Having witnessed with members of this forum Bubba first hand In the flesh playing golf with no gallery, I'd say and will continue to say he's an arse and no amount of charity will change that opinion

One says he's an arse without explanation and the other says he's a gentleman and gives various reasons as to why he thinks so, hmmm....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like Bubba. He's probably my favourite golfer to watch, hugely entertaining. Really pleased he's back in form this year.

D

Deleted member 16999

One says he's an arse without explanation and the other says he's a gentleman and gives various reasons as to why he thinks so, hmmm....
Jimmy Saville raised millions for charity.............

D

Deleted member 15344

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.go...n-misses-cut-complains-about-fans-french-open

I’m sure he is looking forward to the Ryder Cup - he was paid a couple of mil to play and then did nothing but complain for the two days he managed to play

Heard plenty of stories of him being a 🛎 end - yep he gives money to charity , I suspect if you look through history there are prob a good number of suspect characters also giving to charity - doesn’t stop them being leg ends

D

Deleted member 16999

Does all this mean if you don't give to charateee you're a good guy :mmm:

No, but it can mean that maybe we shouldn’t judge people by just one aspect of their character. :thup:
Let’s be honest, 99% of people don’t actually now these celebrities.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

He's an arse as he thinks it's appropriate to shout back to people on a golf course who have the courtesy to shout FORE when a ball heads in his direction.