Ping shafts

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would start with a Ping dealer. If no joy you may find a 'pulled' shaft fir sale on eBay although you might need to be careful that you are buying from a reputable source so that the shaft has been properly pulled.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Redwood,
Im not highjacking your thread here mate but on the subject of Ping shafts maybe Ethan can answer this one....

I play reg shafted Cobra S2's....Nippon NS Pro 1030H
I also have no problem hitting anything with a stiff shaft but i recently had a loan of a Ping i15 with a stiff AWT shaft...
Even though the distance was the same as my own 7 Iron the ball flight with the Ping was nearly 1.5 times higher than my Cobra's....

What would cause this?

T

thecraw

Anyone any idea where I could get hold of a Ping TFC 129 Stiff FW shaft?

Howdy, I have just put a stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javln shaft on ebay which I had pulled from Ping Rapture 3 wood. Its in decent condition and I know it was pulled correctly by my mate who is a PGA professional.

It has a good condition Golf Pride Multi-compound blue and black grip on it and is in decent condition. It is also a 0.350 tip shaft which will fit your Ping head.

I am only looking for £10 for it as its lying in my loft doing nothing. PM me if your interested.

C.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Redwood,
Im not highjacking your thread here mate but on the subject of Ping shafts maybe Ethan can answer this one....

I play reg shafted Cobra S2's....Nippon NS Pro 1030H
I also have no problem hitting anything with a stiff shaft but i recently had a loan of a Ping i15 with a stiff AWT shaft...
Even though the distance was the same as my own 7 Iron the ball flight with the Ping was nearly 1.5 times higher than my Cobra's....

What would cause this?

Mmm, not easy to say. The AWT shaft is not terribly stiff, so I reckon the flex and weight of the two shafts are similar. The i15 is a decent players club, moreso than the S2, so I assume it would not flight the ball massively high.

T

thecraw

The AWT has similar characteristics to the Rifle Flighted shafts. In theory the AWT shaft should launch the lower irons high and promote a lower ball flight with the higher irons.