Ping letters what do they mean ?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
G series are the main Ping clubs, if you have these then you are good to go.

K isnt a series, its just a special driver with some extra tech, now largely replaced by adjustable clubs so they can match it’s specs!

i series is much closer to a lump of metal on a stick, apparently some people like that.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think this is a misconception, the G series is for any golfer, they are superb clubs and shouldn’t be abandoned just because your handicap was lowered with them beyond some indeterminate threshold.

It's not a misconception, the G series are larger, chunkier irons and aimed at the game improvement section of the market, although of course anyone who wants to play them can, in the same way a 28 handicapper can get blades if they like. I agree they are excellent irons and shouldn't be overlooked, I've had 3 sets of them myself at different times in the past and they are excellent clubs, and the more recent models look much nicer than the versions for 5/6 years ago.

The i Series irons are also a brilliant set of irons and also give plenty of help. You don't have to be off low single figures to play them, they are a vey friendly iron with plenty of help on offer.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
It's not a misconception, it's fact, they are generally aimed at higher handicappers than the i series.
However, as already mentioned, every golfer should be open minded and use whatever they like and whatever they feel is best for them.
I seem to recall Lee Westwood playing with G10‘s for some time. Heard a story that they were ‘rebadged’ when newer, sleeker, models were released as he didn‘t want to change from them.
However, I think Jiminez plays the latest Ping models whatever they are.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I seem to recall Lee Westwood playing with G10‘s for some time. Heard a story that they were ‘rebadged’ when newer, sleeker, models were released as he didn‘t want to change from them.
However, I think Jiminez plays the latest Ping models whatever they are.

That was his driver, not the irons.

He currently uses Ping G410 driver, FW and hybrid and Ping i210 irons.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I found the main difference between G and I irons was the amount of offset was bigger on the G .
The G heads were bigger but not much.
Both good clubs.
With the Offset on the G I found I was pulling everything with them.
I play I210 now they are very nice irons.