Phil or Tiger?

Should greenkeepers play golf before employment with a club?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry A-F, I can't vote, there are not enough options. It's like the surveys that offer two or three, usually loaded, choices then get an amazing result that the majority of people in the UK like X or Y, which was the answer they wanted anyway.

Given the choice Sabbatini (he's got a personality, of a three year old maybe, but he's got one).

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Out of the 2, It would have to be mickleson. I dont particlularly like either.

My thoughts on tiger are well known, he is the sort of guy who would take benefit from a suspect ruling or a "fan" assiting him. Others like Darren Clarke wouldn't.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yawn or fawn - not much of a choice is it?

Personally, I'd sooner watch Cabrera every day of the week, regardless of what he shoots - you know it'll be more entertaining.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tigers short game is by far the best in the world, However leftie is the best with the 64 degree wedge.

As for the Sabbatini comment how can you like him? he is an arrogant idiot. he keeps making comments that he never backs up, like slagging off tiger and saying how he could beat him.

All in all I have not picked either because they are both as charismatic as a beige wall.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
From the choice of 2 I've gone with Tiger. As much as he is not my fav golfer you have to admire how he plays the game. Fair enough he doesn't interact unless it suits him but the way he can put a score together is outstanding.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Would have to say Tiger but I am not exactly spoiled for choice here.

Had to laugh this weekend when Phil was interviewed at Torrey Pines saying he had a couple of things to work on but overall he was pleased with his game on his first outing of the season.

Tiger was nine holes behind and 15 shots ahead of Phil and it was his first outing of the season too!!!

That’s why I have to pick Tiger.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Tiger.

The guy is 100% focussed on the game. Some say he's a miserable t**t because he doesn't make small talk or frantically acknowledge the crowd, more so when he plays a bad shot (then again, who would?)
He does a lot for the junior golfers (albeit mainly Americans) but he has the games best interests at heart and gives a little bit back to the game.

Wish I had a little bit of his money too!

DCB

Visit site
I have to say Phil on this one. At a recent Open he actually answered the "well played" which was said as he passed by with a "thank you". Tiger wouldn't have known you were there!

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
I agree with you basher.
I went down to the grove to watch the W.G.C. on practice day and the friday comp day.
On practice day we followed tiger all round the course and you couldnt wish to see a more relaxed person very aproachable to all. I have some great close up photos which i took which under normal circumstances wouldnt have been possible.(steve williams would have probably shoved my camera down my throat lol.

come comp day and its down to business.
There is no other golfer who attracts so much attention and such large galleries.
Surely anyone in that situation has to switch off to all around him to be able to play the way he does.
I think thats why he seems to come across as miserable etc.

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
tiger reminds me of steve davis (snooker)

both are accused of zero personality, but steve davis has personality in spades.
Anytime i have seen him on tv outwith a tournament he has been funny and seems very approachable. it is only when he is on his game he is totally focused and seems to be oblivious to the world and i see tiger as the same.
After all the two of them are arguably the best there has ever been in there field so it might just be to get to that stage you need to be totally focused and committed.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Has to be tiger-he hates losing my kind of guy.

Phil appears to have a more take it or leave approach and tries to let his natural talent win events for him.

Sorry talent on its own won't cut the mustard when the other guy is as talented but more determined and focused.