Painswick, Cleeve Hill, Kington..

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
hahaha these are 3 of 5 courses me and my mates have discussed played this weekend! You must be pretty close by!

Cleeve Hill for me offers the best scenery
Kington is a lovely place and again great scenery - very alternative course.

Painswick I am yet to play but its spoken about as a very good course - will report back in the next few months after a round!

evemccc

Visit site
hahaha these are 3 of 5 courses me and my mates have discussed played this weekend! You must be pretty close by!

Cleeve Hill for me offers the best scenery
Kington is a lovely place and again great scenery - very alternative course.

Painswick I am yet to play but its spoken about as a very good course - will report back in the next few months after a round!

I think I possibly have time for only 1 on the way back from somewhere in a couple of months time…Hopefully I’ll play them all at some point 😁

I’ll probably prioritise Cleeve Hill then 👍🏻

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I should also add that some of Cleeve's holes are pretty unique - its certainly a course to be played in good weather to make the most out of.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I think I possibly have time for only 1 on the way back from somewhere in a couple of months tomw…Hopefully I’ll play them all at some point 😁

I’ll probably prioritise Cleeve Hill then 👍🏻

I think the GM editor Mike described Cleeve last year as one of his favourites - and he must have played plenty of the top courses!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Only played two, Cleeve Hill and Painswick.

Clever Hill has great views and you're more likely to get battered by the winds although when I played it was dead calm.

Painswick is quirky to the extreme but great fun.

Walkers can be a problem on both courses as they're on public land so don't pick a day when they're likely to be busy.

D-S

Visit site
I haven't played Kington but Painswick and Cleeve Hill are true golfing joys, you come off either one (unless the weather is really bad) with a smile on your face. The main factor in choosing between the two for me is the walk - Painswick is extremely hilly and the trolley paths are very bumpy and stony, so much so that you may well damage an electric trolley, I would advise carrying if you can - Cleeve Hill despite being longer and seemingly quite hilly is much more forgiving.
My advice is play them both!