Out with the new in with the old! Wedges

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
After the success of the 909 D3 over the R15. I've given up with my SM6 sand wedge and reverted back to my ping tour 58° and jeez it spins a lot 😱

The orka RS18 still collect dust they just seem like shovels, seems I'm stuck in the 90s and my games in the 80s 🤔 Cleveland gc10 might make the bag soon.

If the B60 bomber comes out next I'm going full retro.

New kit sucks oh wait anyone changing to the cbx wedges soon ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After the success of the 909 D3 over the R15. I've given up with my SM6 sand wedge and reverted back to my ping tour 58° and jeez it spins a lot 

The orka RS18 still collect dust they just seem like shovels, seems I'm stuck in the 90s and my games in the 80s 樂 Cleveland gc10 might make the bag soon.

If the B60 bomber comes out next I'm going full retro.

New kit sucks oh wait anyone changing to the cbx wedges soon ?
Did this myself bought three new ping wedges glide2 have gone back to Mac daddy's just could not get on with them.
Wedges are prob the only club technology hasn't really changed much for years.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Makes me feel better, I realised recently that majority of the bag was circa 2013 even though the irons were bought new in 2015. Have just updated my wedges to circa 2014, although all 3 purchased new. I'm not backing these equipment price hikes at the moment!

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have been happy with my M2 driver and thought it was the bees knees. Took my mates Cleveland altitude? yes me neither, and had a few shots with it and was consistently further and straighter than my fitted driver with expensive shaft upgrade. The manufacturers have us on a string, watch Crossfields latest review of the £150 Benross driver.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I have been happy with my M2 driver and thought it was the bees knees. Took my mates Cleveland altitude? yes me neither, and had a few shots with it and was consistently further and straighter than my fitted driver with expensive shaft upgrade. The manufacturers have us on a string, watch Crossfields latest review of the £150 Benross driver.

Have actually been looking at the Altitude and the 588 Custom. Out of curiosity what shaft and loft did it have?

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Been pondering about the BenRoss driver for a while now, will take a look.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just been given a Callaway FT Tour Driver, c.2010(?), just as long as anything else I've hit recently. In the bag it goes.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Roughly what age are the Ping Tours and are they old enough to have square grooves, hence the increased spin levels?

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have actually been looking at the Altitude and the 588 Custom. Out of curiosity what shaft and loft did it have?
It had the Matrix stiff shaft and was 9*. Was seriously suprised by it, forgiving, long and just wanted to fly straight for me. Think he paid £50 for it on the bay and it is as new. Don't know why I was shocked tbh as all the Cleveland stuff I have ever used has done the same to me. Very underrated.