Older Titlist Balls

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Going through my bag of recent pickups I found Titlist balls that don't seem to be currently listed.

HP2 Tour
PTS 90
PTS Wound

They all look virtually new and I will have no hesitation in using them this winter.

Are these still being sold or possibly just balls that someone has had unused for a while and decided to use/loose them?

What characteristics would they have, especially in relation to the current range?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yes they do go off, even if stored well, and they can't have made pts wound (the ball of choice when they were in vogue) for 20 years. I found a mint one the other day, so some old codger must have been hoarding them.

Personally, I wouldn't even have them in my practice bag.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Found a thread on another site which quoted Titleist as saying that Wound balls had a 3-year shelf-life - and that was dated 2005, last reference I found to them being sold was 2003 (£22.97 then)

Also found a thread elsewhere which seemed to imply that HP was current, at least in US

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've got loads of these in my practice bag and to be honest I'm not overly fussed about their condition or the fact that they might go off especially for winter practice. I might eventually have a sort through and get rid of some of the really old stuff (there might even be a balata or two in the ones at home)

painterboy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Still have a few each of these.

HP2 were still being sold about 6/7 years ago,possibly the nearest match is the NXT (stand to corrected on that!)

PTS wound have a nice feel off the club face if used in the summer.

Save a couple and try them next year, you might be surprised

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys. Nothing definitive, but what the heck. I'll start off with one of them next round and probably lose them all by the end. :(

At my level, I very much doubt I will notice any difference between these and a more up to date ball.