Odyssey Metal-X Arm Lock Putter

Do you use a belly or long putter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

richardghart

Visit site
“The Outlaw Keegan Bradley?”

Really? Really?
What is going on with this new ruling on belly putter handed down from the powers that be? I have been in the golf business for 27 years and this is the most useless, unneeded and waste of manpower I have seen. Belly putters although popular are not by a long way dominating the tour. Yes they are popular and yes they do help some putt better, but is it cheating? NO WAY! I can loop a long putter just as easy as a short putter, in fact worse. I have seen many players go to a long putter and it not change their lives by a long way. So I ask you, the groove ruling was to stop the “huge” control players had out of the rough, right. Well I still see the ball backing up on greens without issue. So what did it change for those players who can make that shot with dimples for grooves, like the old R90 Wilson wedge. None that I can see, I am sure they have to come at the ball a little differently but they still make that golf ball dance.

The PGA says that your long /belly putter will not be allowed to be anchored to your body. Am I missing something maybe I am confused. They are talking about allowing you to anchor the putter to your forearm, wrist and hands. In preparation for this Odyssey has already released an email blast for their debut of the Odyssey Metal X Arm Lock putter available in January at VegasGolfPros.com. I don’t see why that is any different. If you remember years ago there was a forearm putter from Cobra. That was a buzz for while too.

With this ruling they have basically killed the belly putter business. No one will want to be accused of cheating. So throw away your belly and long putter because a few people won with them they are going to ruin golf as we know it. Oh and never mind about most Tour Pros hitting the golf ball around 300 yards that fine, we just don’t want them to have a short game.

richardghart

Visit site
Perhaps. Anyways who cares? Check out the putter. What do you think? I believe this putter doesn't assist in anything, just like the belly or long putter. It will hardly have an effect on the game. I really think the Odyssey Arm Lock Putter is just another gimmick, like Adjustable Technology.