Odd facts

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Me and Missis T are chewing the cud. She is googling a medication am on and come across another medication. In essence it is made of horse urine. 🤔😳

So I said to Missis T, reminds me of the day I had food allergies, (lactose). Anyway I was shown a book "E for additives", one of the additives is Compound benzoinc acid. We used it at the pit for the worst cases of athletes foot aka spongy foot, it looks like lard and the acid burns your infected skin off. Soldiers had it during WW1 when in wet trenches. Anyway Compound benzoinc acid is also used as an ingredient in making beer.

Any odd facts.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Steam is invisible. It’s water vapour you see coming out of your kettle and filling your bathroom when you’re having a shower.

That’s a fact loads of people don’t realise.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Cows have almost 360-degree panoramic vision but can only see a small distance in front of them with both eyes, so aren’t very good at judging distance or depth. However, they do have an acute sense of smell, allowing them to detect odours up to five miles away. This is due to their evolution as prey animals; they spend a lot of time sniffing the air to alert them to the presence of potential predators. They can detect fear from the dung and urine of other cows and will avoid areas where they can smell blood or offal. As well as a strong nose, cows also have an additional olfactory organ in the roof of their mouth that allows them to sniff out potential mating partners.

Wolf

Visit site
The largest pyramid in the world is not in Egypt. Its actually in Cholula , Puebla in Mexico, with is base 4 x larger than the great pyramids of Giza

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
82% of all car drivers have no idea how to drive.

Roundabouts? Give way to the right, you say? Nah...

Motorways - 70mph speed limit, you say? That's for lorries, isn't it?

Parking restrictions - It says not to park there but I drive a BMW/Audi/Mercedes and when I purchased aforementioned conveyance the salesman told me that I can park anywhere!

A considerate road user pulls over to allow you pass through - acknowledge said road user? Why on God's earth would I do that? Just drive on...

Overtaking on a zebra crossing when the car in front has stopped - to let someone over the crossing - hell yeah! :cautious: