Oak Park - Farnham

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Anyone played Oak Park in Farnham. Think it's part of Crown Golf and been offered a game in a society on Easter Monday. Is it worth the effort, Not expecting top dollar but is it worth a sociable game with mates?

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was a member there for 9 years or so and play it from time to time - worth a visit if you have never been there but rounds can be very slow.

The Hill (or heart attack corner) is the key gripe really - 4 holes where you can hit good shots and get absolutely nothing for them as the bounces can be horrific and there are a couple of blind shots involved (off tee and into a green).

For the criteria you mention it is worthwhile in my opinion - others may think different.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Definitely pack your climbing gear. Seem to remember years ago a green keeper got the push, and before he left he put weedkiller on all the greens.

Ok course, in a nice setting.

xcore

Head Pro
Visit site
One of the nicest 9 hole courses in the area, played it afew months ago.
people say the 18 hole course isn't as well kept but I havnt played personally.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played there once in the pouring rain. Missed the 4 holes up the hill as the weather was too wet and the course was empty. Had one or two nice holes, a driveable par 4, but wasn't anything special.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Those four holes are an utter joke. You might be OK with the ground being a bit softer but you have no chance in summer. To be honest, none of the other holes are that memorable. They ran a Crown Golf Champion of Champions there a few years back, put in some ridiculous hole locations and wondered why the scratch winner shot +6.

I'd never go back there in 100 years.

Monkey Putter

Hacker
Visit site
I was a member there for a couple of years. The course will probably be very wet and muddy at this time of year. As other have said, 10,11,12, & 13 up in the hills are a bit of a joke and will wreck your card even if you do hit good shots! Possible the most unfriendly club I've ever played at.

The 9-hole course is pretty good though.