Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Less

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Same

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 21258

Did you play more or less or the same in 2020 when compared to 2019 ?

And how come ?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Still played way more rounds. I was furloughed for most of the year, and so once it opened up I was playing 7 days a week.

D

Deleted member 15344

Huh? Is this a joke? I'm going to say less because we were literally banned from playing for about 30% of the year. :unsure:

Because a significant amount of people were on furlough during a big part of the year when the golf courses were open - a lot of the people I know managed to play more rounds of golf last year than any year before

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Huh? Is this a joke? I'm going to say less because we were literally banned from playing for about 30% of the year. :unsure:
I played an awful lot more as I'd pretty much given up golf for the five years before (couple of rounds a year) - going for a walk on the courses was what got the notion to start playing again and the lockdown of most other stuff I did (mainly football and being allowed to travel) plus not commuting as I began to work from home sealed the deal.

I probably played at least once every three days from end of May (when we opened back up) till October (when the football I regularly photograph started again) - and I've been out about the same frequency since the start of the year.

It's fair to say that this pandemic got me started playing golf regularly again.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because a significant amount of people were on furlough during a big part of the year when the golf courses were open - a lot of the people I know managed to play more rounds of golf last year than any year before
That's some going considering the courses were shut for 4 months. :LOL: Fair play though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just counted mine based on counting my Hole 19 Scorecard emails (I use Hole 19 pretty much every round). 2020: 53 rounds. 2019: 70 rounds.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I ca'nt be sure but I think more.
2019 I was atThe Zoo, played a couple of times a week, occasionally more but no weekends or evenings as it was too far to justify a few holes and I was only a 5 day member.
The wet winter closed the course for large periods and between New Year 2020 and moving clubs in March I probably only played 3 or 4 times.
Cut to arch 2020 and I played about 10 times before lockdown came.
When we went back, as I was off work , I played virtually every day until early July, then had to cut it back to 3 or 4 times a week as work just got in the way!
Going to be playing as much as I can until work starts again 12/4 when, once more, it will be back to 3 or 4 to es a week.

sunshine

Visit site
At my golf club I met very few people who were on furlough last year. Most people were, like me, working from home and able to juggle diaries to make room for midweek rounds. I typically play about 35-40 rounds a year. I guess I missed out on 6 rounds in LD1 and then 2 in LD2. But then probably played double that in casual mid-week rounds while working from home all summer.

Some of my mates were on furlough and played almost every day.

sunshine

Visit site
That's some going considering the courses were shut for 4 months. :LOL: Fair play though.

Imagine you play once a week. You would have missed out on 8 rounds in LD1 and 4 rounds in LD2 so 12 in total.

But then you are put on furlough in May. You're single / you're other half is at work. Golf is one of the few activities open. Doesn't take long to recoup those missed rounds, in fact it only takes a couple of weeks, and some people were on furlough for months and months.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Considerably less
Lockdowns 1 and 2
Being in Tier 4 with the course in Tier 3
Lot of heavy rain this winter and buggy bans

I usually play 3 times a week when fit.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Less, in part because of the closures but also a change in shift pattern which meant I got fewer days off in the week.