Now I know how he does it....

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quote from Homer on the "electric trolley" thread.....

"Go kart all the way. I think it looks fine and my bag sits nicely on it and I can access all pockets with ease (big plus). Its quiet and runs well even unaided. Top quality customer service too. What more apart from the great price is there?"

Ye gods. That must be somewhere 40 posts by Homer over goodness knows how many threads saying roughly the same thing.

Homer. If something is worth saying, then say it once. If you have to repeat it so many times, maybe either you or your audience don't believe the message - unless of course there is more to this obsession than meets the eye :eek: :eek:

Give it a rest mate - you are at risk of getting boring.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You have no need to apologise. You are absolutely right. This is a forum and we can all contribute relevant content including numerous posts on varying subjects.

It just seems that this particular trolley has become a fixation with you - numerous posts on the same subject.

At a rough guess there have been (say) 70 - 90 posts about this product over the last couple of weeks of which I would guess 35/40% have been from you. Heck, you have even managed to mention it in a totally unrelated post relating to a golf statistical analysis programme.

Don't get me wrong. This trolley may be the greatest piece of kit for the price since sliced bread. I wouldn't know as I bought a different make, am more than happy with it. BUT I don't harp about it to the point of boredom.

BTW I've just realised that I have reached the landmark of my first 1000 posts in a little under 2 years and nobody noticed :)

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Homer, I am the type of person who doesnt hold every detail of posts in my head, and often cannot be bothered to sift through threads or save them in favorites unless they are really important to me, so please keep banging on about it as I bet there are others like me who would welcome that info, especially new members who probably dont know what has gone before, and isnt that really the important factor when passing on info?

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Get off his back fellas, avid forum members such as Homer keep the site busy.
So what if he posts several times about a certain bit of kit!
Like HNJ stated, some people, especially newcomers may not be as well informed and the giving of information may well help.

Stick with it Homer, I'm with you mate!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have no issues with repeat posts, but would rather people post a link to a previous post than just regurgitate. No offense meant, but am kind of with Leftie on this, whilst appreciating that Homer has alot to offer.

Anyone got a fence for me to sit on?

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We should get a homer sticky imo.

Put homers advice for new members in there

- GPS over range finders
- Get lessons not that shiny new driver
- Don't go to AG for lessons, go local driving range
- Buy a trolley after being recommended by him
- Buy a chipper ;)
- Choke last 3 holes in comps

Then have a whole separate section for him and HTL high fiving each other etc x

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This trolley may be the greatest piece of kit for the price since sliced bread.

What was the greatest thing before sliced bread? :D

Now, this thread has just go interesting :)

i'd have to say "sex", both before, during and after sliced bread :)

I think homer might think that the Gokart is better than sex though ;)

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This trolley may be the greatest piece of kit for the price since sliced bread.

What was the greatest thing before sliced bread? :D

Now, this thread has just go interesting :)

i'd have to say "sex", both before, during and after sliced bread :)

I think homer might think that the Gokart is better than sex though ;)

Why is sex in inverted commas? Is sex an euthamism for something more sordid? :p

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
well it was for the catering trade as they new how sandwiches to get out of a loaf, probably saved themselves a loaf or two.

much as the optic is good for the publican, he really can squeeze a quart out of a pint pot.

so what is better than sliced bread? a fresh baked, warm loaf, real, a pox on your cholesterol, butter, and breakfast in a doorstop