Notts courses

D

Deleted member 17920

https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-courses/britain-ireland/england/nottinghamshire

A mate played Stanton (so did LQ I think) and said the greens were unbelievably good.
They are indeed. Each time I have played it they have been awesome. 13.5 on the stimp last year. Just scary

Nottinghamshire has some cracking courses already mentioned.

Notts is the best.

I prefer Coxmoor over Sherwood

Stanton on the wolds is one of the best village clubs I have ever played.

Wollaton is very nice and you wouldn’t believe you are so close to Nottingham city centre.

Longcliffe by the M1 is also worth a visit.

D

Deleted member 18588

If, as you said, Leicestershire is a possibility as you drive north then Longcliffe is very close to jct 23 and is a decent course and Kirby Muxloe is quite near 21a from the south.

Otherwise I would recommend the three Mansfield area courses. Personally I am not a great fan of Wollaton as I find the course quite bland but I agree that the setting is terrific.

Erewash is one I wouldn't bother with.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the comments, everyone ?. Really helpful advice ?

I think I will make plans to get some after work rounds in, starting at Wollaton Park and Coxmoor as the first two.
Havent ever heard of Stanton on the Wolds GC, so thanks for that one Glyn, I will check it out ?

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think Longcliffe is very underrated, I’m never a fan usually of par 3 starts, but some courses can carry them off.

Cheers Robin. ? Personally I never mind starting a round on a par 3, Royal Lytham & St Anne’s and The Berkshire (Blue) being good examples. But I generally don’t like ending a round on a par 3. I’ll make an exception for Reigate Heath GC though, due to the location and the backdrop.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Cheers Robin. ? Personally I never mind starting a round on a par 3, Royal Lytham & St Anne’s and The Berkshire (Blue) being good examples. But I generally don’t like ending a round on a par 3. I’ll make an exception for Reigate Heath GC though, due to the location and the backdrop.

Yeah, Northants as well, there's more than we think out there, not not that rare or unusual tbh, I hated the finish at a previous club, it's par 3 finish was pretty guff imo.