North West Meet Mid Yorkshire Golf Club 11/11/08

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the end only 4 would brave the storm, and at times, that's what it felt like.

I was at the club for 09:00ish and Dave (VIG) was already out on the range warming up, He claims he hates mats but he was clearly trying to get to grips with them before the par 3's :D

I got the chance to try Dave's mizzies and almost fell in love with them, bad Idea really as my iron play was poor to put it nicely. Rick(Doh) followed and then Graham(gjbike)

A brew and a moan about our golf clubs (well just mine mostly) and we left the very nice very warm welcoming '19th hole' to tackle the elements.

Stableford was decided and 4BBB would be counted at the end, (or should of been):D

Course was in excellent condition with nice firm fairways and equally as firm greens, no excuses then! :rolleyes:

We all had our strenghs and weaknesses but the wind battered us all together at times.

The first par 3 was interesting, whilst Rick Graham and myself all went short or wide, Dave had clearly benefited form his range session because he stuffed it to a few feet. and the wind was so strong he took a 7 to what he said he would normally 'flick a wedge' at.
It wasn't too cold and the rain held off untill the 17th, making the 18th hole a nightmare.

135 yards and off the winter mat it probably played about 150 so we all clubbed up and out came.... the woods

I slightly pulled my driver to the left of the green but was just about pin high, Dave and Graham found short right and rick nailed the green with an excellent 3 wood(?) We all holed out as quick as possible and a quick shake of hands was followed by a determined, brisk walk back to the 19th to reflect.

3 of us finished on 29 points with Graham taking the prize on a countback, not sure what you finished on Dave...Graham?

There were some great shots played and Graham was banging home the long putts for fun. Rick was pretty solid with his 3 wood but his game is scrambling, up and down is his trump card! Dave, well he hits a 3 iron like a tracer and knows the way round his course better than hugh hefner the playboy mansion. Me, I was lucky to scrape 29 points together some how, but my driving was solid and it helped keeping the ball in play.

I for one enjoyed another great meet, the company was top drawer again and the golf a joy to watch. Dave was a great host so thanks for having us mate. Rick,Graham thanks for the game.

More people should definitly get involved because its just an absolute great day regardless. Get ya names down for the next one, you have nothing to loose, except a few white spheres :p

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
Sounds like you all had a good day. Driver 150 yards :eek: certainly sounds like the weather had an effect on the golf that was played. If it hadnt been for having no annual leave left, I would have been there. Definately put my name down for the next one.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
4 ball better ball.

Rick and my self, (highest and lowest, rick being lowest) were meant to be taking on Dave and grahem in better ball. But for some reason we didnt end up totting up the better ball scores at the end. 4bbb wasn't the format as we were playing stableford but we were going to see which pair would of won with combined efforst. Does that make sense?

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good write up T, course is in good nick and yes more ought to put their hands up.
It was a pleasure hosting, sorry about the weather, must have a word with the big man next time. (been glorious sunshine today)
At times it was 3-4 clubs difference and plays so much different in the wind. 3 wood to that par 3 is ridiculous and shows how strong the wind was.

TBH not sure what I ended with as I picked up a couple of times with Graham nailing the putts. I also went a bit gung ho at times with some shots.

I think all agreed that the greens were firmer than expected for this time of year but they are that good all the time.
I am happy to host again if anyone is interested and for a tenner midweek you can't go wrong

BTW Tony, i had only hit about 10 balls on the range as I got a bucket of balls in case you guys wanted a warm up.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I will definitly be up for your place again mate. I think most of us hate mats but even at your place are pretty decent LOL. Might have new bats next time!

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys

Dave thanks for the day realy enjoyed myself also thank you Graham and Tony.

Certainly was a day for scrambling for me, Driver not to hot that day which is usualy a strong part of my game anyway see you guys soon.

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi Guys
Sorry for the late reply but the laptop at home as gone
ti?s up.
Thanks for the game chaps, the windy conitions made for interesting golf, but would be up for a return to your club Dave or you would be welcome to my club Bolton old links
thanks again to Dave,Rick and Tony