North Hants

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone played North Hants?

Looking for a midweek round and we quite like the look of it. See we can get on for £35 after 4pm.

Is it good / bad / tough? Any opinions? What are the greens like / club house / food etc?

cheers.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone played North Hants?

Looking for a midweek round and we quite like the look of it. See we can get on for £35 after 4pm.

Is it good / bad / tough? Any opinions? What are the greens like / club house / food etc?

cheers.

£35 is an absolute steal! great course. great hospitality.

S

Snelly

Yes I have played there. Won the event too!

Really good course. Highly enjoyable day out.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nice course and at £35 is a great deal

A few too many blind tee shots for me and not a fan of the two par threes to start each 9

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Lovely course and always been well-treated when I've gone there. Good combination of holes, varying directions, long/short etc. Definitely worth a visit for that price.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's ok. I'd go to blackmoor instead, or maybe pay slightly more and go to liphook or west hill, both around £50 for a twilight round.
It's a decent heathland track, just not as good as the 3 mentioned.

D

Deleted member 15344

It's ok. I'd go to blackmoor instead, or maybe pay slightly more and go to liphook or west hill, both around £50 for a twilight round.

Yep my thoughts exactly

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I actually liked the par3 1st
It was ideal for the HFH because we could watch each other.
It wasn't until the 4th group before someone hit the green.

I hit a tree :smirk:

I agree, it was nice but for a small amount more I think the step up to those mentioned are far superior.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't want it to sound like I don't rate it, it's a decent members course. It's just that you are spoilt for choice in that area..... Hindehead anyone, hankley common ???? Ooooooo:eek:

(I'm not sure you'd get on the last 2 for £35)

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't want it to sound like I don't rate it, it's a decent members course. It's just that you are spoilt for choice in that area..... Hindehead anyone, hankley common ???? Ooooooo:eek:

(I'm not sure you'd get on the last 2 for £35)

spot on

http://www.hankley.co.uk/green_fees

http://www.hindheadgolfclub.co.uk/green-fees

I played Northants for the first time this year at the twilight rate and thoroughly enjoyed it - great value at that price. I also liked the par3 start to both 9's.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really enjoyed it. Interesting varied and a good test, £35 seems a steal.
Id be all over it :thup:

Ive got to say though.. I found the Justin Rose Room a bit spooky, walking in there I just couldn't help thinking of this..

4ffed4c22cf464ca154a236447e7e447_zps0a9rz0zm.jpg

D

Deleted member 17920

Ha ha quality Dave, it was more of a shrine :D

really enjoyable course and well worth £35 on a twilight round.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just found out it is maintenance week the week we wanted to play, so looking for somewhere else now. Might try the few suggested by therod, although Liphook is probably a bit far out for the group.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I preferred West Hill to North Hants when I played them in the H4H but that's not to be harsh on North Hants. Liphook would be my choice of those bandied around on here

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was going to play at West Hill, but they are tining their greens the week we wanted to go, so have opted for Hankley Common! 60 quid twilight. Looking forward to it

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Was going to play at West Hill, but they are tining their greens the week we wanted to go, so have opted for Hankley Common! 60 quid twilight. Looking forward to it
Good decision. Best course in the area. Remember to change in the car, as the clubhouse closes at 7.00. You can get a beer at the pub at the end of the golf drive though.