Norman Hunter RIP

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Absolutely gutted Norman bites yet legs Hunter has been claimed by the virus.
Growing up I was a huge Leeds Utd fan and Norman along side Billy Bremner were my absolute heroes
Now to read that Norman has got I'm literally in tears .
Rest in peace Norman

www.hiltonpark.net
My family are all huge Leeds fans, I'm the black sheep. I remember all the stories of him in that great Leeds team.
I met him at my brothers wedding and he was a lovely chap, very unassuming

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Gutted. Went to a Q&A session at a staunch Chelsea pub with Ron Harris and Peter Osgood many moons ago and Harris swore blind he was an angel compared to Hunter. To be fair though he did say for all the ferocity he was a talented player too

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A top class player. I was at this game back in 1973 and was sat right in line with Hunter and the goal when he hit the ball for his goal RIP Norman

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I was 6 when I watched the Chelsea v Leeds Cup Final. Two great teams. Sad, but several on the pitch for both games are no longer with us.

Hunter was more than a tough guy, he could play too.
I seem to remember a few years back a top referee watched the game, and reckoned 21 players would have been sent off. Only one keeper would have stayed on.:) One of the great grudge matches of the 70s

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great footballer but like most of his time wouldn’t last 90 mins now.
First tackle he would be off.
Tommy Smith was the same.
I miss the old days where the only diving you seen was Francis Lee.
Was just thinking what a player like Norm would be like now.
Totally different times and physicality.
RIP.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A top class player. I was at this game back in 1973 and was sat right in line with Hunter and the goal when he hit the ball for his goal RIP Norman

Some good players from both teams in that game. Gary Sprake in goal for Wales a Leeds team mate of Norman and also gone.
I remember going to Norman's testimonial years ago. RIP.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I seem to remember a few years back a top referee watched the game, and reckoned 21 players would have been sent off. Only one keeper would have stayed on.:) One of the great grudge matches of the 70s

I believe it was David Ellery watching the replay at Old Trafford and it was 6 red cards and 20 yellow cards.

As others have said, one of the great players of a bygone era, the like of which we won't see again. RIP.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There must be about 16 players from that era and I can still name them all, and the number of the shirt they used to wear. Also a real shame that Norman Hunter never got to see Leeds back in the top division of English football.