Noisy m1, my trolley is really noisy when drive engaged. Like really bad bearing wear. Could rolling downhill switched off cause damage

morlers

Visit site
My m1 (18) is really noisy like badly worn motor bearings. Would rolling downhill in the off position damage the motor or gearbox

C7usk

Visit site
My m1 (18) is really noisy like badly worn motor bearings. Would rolling downhill in the off position damage the motor or gearbox
I've got an m1... Started getting noiser...then intermittently not powering the wheels.. Had to get a new motor so yours maybe heading the same way... With regards your question though I've got to say I'm not sure... FYI cost bout 80 for me to get the pro at a motocaddy repair club to fix it.

D

Deleted member 25575

I’m not sure on this, but I’m completely guilty of manoeuvring it down hill without the motor, had mines a couple of years and it get a lot of use and so far, other than it continually tracking left, and the wheels being a bit noisy now it’s holding up well

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it has any sort of braking system then rolling it unpowered downhill might cause damage. I do not know how they are built so no knowledge of if they have one.

JayB

Visit site
The M1 has 2 grooves for the wheels, the outer groove is for freewheeling if you run out of battery power, assuming the wheels were both in the inner grooves you may well have caused some damage or excess wear to the motor