No accountability

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
After 80 years of discussion and debate, the eastern bypass of Lincoln was finally agreed.
Despite it being late and £32m over budget, the new road (which had the tarmac laid in winter) opened Dec 2020.
And closed May 2021.

''The road, which was built as part of a £122m project, has been hit with a motorists since it opened in December last year.''

I don't even know what that means :unsure:

''As part of our contract with them, Galliford Try will be carrying out some final repairs next month, including minor resurfacing, kerbing, fence installation and white lining along the new road."

The work will be carried out at night time.

So, will anybody get fired for this?
Doubt it.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/road-closures-announced-122m-lincoln-5347238

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
After 80 years of discussion and debate, the eastern bypass of Lincoln was finally agreed.
Despite it being late and £32m over budget, the new road (which had the tarmac laid in winter) opened Dec 2020.
And closed May 2021.

''The road, which was built as part of a £122m project, has been hit with a motorists since it opened in December last year.''

I don't even know what that means :unsure:

has been a hit with motorists?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Have to go to Lincoln to visit family, one of the worst car parks outside of the M25 in the UK.

It's just an historic city that has grown and filled the developers pockets with the infrastructure not keeping up with the expansion.

However, my annoyance is with Richard Davies, highways boss at Lincolnshire County Council,

“The reality is when you’ve waited for 80 years for a new road I am very relaxed about a few extra months.''

The problem is those few extra months took the project into the winter when you shouldn't lay tarmac, which they did.
So, more work, more disruption and more expense.
But nobodies fault

has been a hit with motorists?

You could be right.
I was thinking...has been hit with problems

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Except when it's closed
Should have got the Romans in to do it.
This dosnt surprise me the standard of roads across the country is abysmal.
We seem to have lost our skills in a lot of areas.
Plus contracts being time limited and penalties for late finish means a botched job.