Newquay, Cornwall

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played it once about 20+ years ago. Was staying in the hotel there (now housing) and had been allowed to take my clubs with me (y)

Anyway. Strong wind coming off the beach and surf was up. Drive on the 1st, slight (ahem) fade wind assisted into the hotel swimming pool. Reloaded and same shot again. :mad:

Discretion being the better part of valour and all that - left it a few minutes before walking past the hotel to the second tee :giggle:

Apart from that, I quite enjoyed the course, particularly as it was the 1st links type course I had ever played.

Visit site
Played it many times when I used to live in Cornwall until 4 years ago. Does not look that great a layout at first sight, but actually a very good track. Lots of humps and typical links borrows. Greens always true and fast during the summer. Can rack up a score if you leave it in the wrong place. Also, in summer, as it’s newquay, one of the main paths to Fistral beach is through the course. A great chance to catch up on some stunning ‘bird-watching’ as you play the 18 holes. You will enjoy it along with the nightlife at this time of year.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
On holiday and taking the sunken footpath across the fairways down to the beach at Newquay
My daughters were ahead of us and I saw a 'Mr Angry type':mad: shouting down at them for stealing his ball.
I told him the younger daughter [about 13/14 years old at the time] was a 3 handicap County player and would never do that.
Oh... and by the way your ball is back there, about 20 yards left of where he was looking.:ROFLMAO: