New lockdown will courses close?

Doodle

Visit site
I will reluctantly accept having to play as a 2x ball & no clubhouse, but if the courses shut again I'm of the opinion that will do more harm than good from an exercise & mental health point of view.
I also don't believe that the lockdown will be lifted in all area's in early Dec.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Will be interesting to see how 2 balls work (should they be allowed). Already a mad scramble to get a tee time in four balls but I assume more slots will be released (and back to 8 minute gaps instead of 10). Lets see what England Golf say. On a wider scale I wonder how many clubs are clinging on commercially by their finger tips and whether this will tip a few over the edge. Hopefully not

D

Deleted member 3432

We should be thankful we are going to be in a position to play at all.

My shift partner is still no nearer to restarting rugby and is doing far less moaning than the majority on here who are lucky enough to get a game but then can't spend the rest of the day in the clubhouse reciting their tales of woe...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It was clear pretty soon that 10 minute gaps for 2 balls was massive overkill when the first lockdown lifted.

We are now back to 8 min with anything up to 4 balls allowed, I don't see any reason why 6 minutes or so for 2s can't be put in place now it's colder and people won't just bimble round.

The issue we have is our first is a par 3 (169 off the yellows and 225 off the whites) so we have to wait for the green to clear so not sure a narrow 6 minute gap works for us. If the hole is a par 4 or par 5 then yes, get them off the tee and hitting the second and the next can get off so I can see how six minutes can work

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Outside exercise time increased to no limit.
Meeting outside with only one person (?) from one other household.
2 - 4 balls depending on combinations.

I reckon back to 10 minutes to allow for lost ball back-ups etc.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Honestly with this weather I'm not as vexed as the last lockdown. However, knowing the rules of sod it'll be dry and sunny for the next 5 weeks!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Outside exercise time increased to no limit.
Meeting outside with only one person (?) from one other household.
2 - 4 balls depending on combinations.

I reckon back to 10 minutes to allow for lost ball back-ups etc.
Not wanting to be rude, but given that it's winter and nobody will be playing in a comp, just drop one down and add 1. 8 minutes is plenty. If you can't get finished in time, just pick up and go to the next.
There isn't much daylight.
Talking of which, I wouldn't be surprised if we went back to the 9hole only bookings that we had when the first lockdown relaxed.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That link mentions exercise but I assume it means going for a walk, not driving to go for exercise

The link specifically says no golf. But not sure if that is fact or a sky news interpretation. As mentioned, England golf will confirm in the next day or so

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Golf is classed as leisure not exercise, but it’s all still got to go to hoc, so things could change before Thursday.

Needs England Golf to push it and not bottle it.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Honestly with this weather I'm not as vexed as the last lockdown. However, knowing the rules of sod it'll be dry and sunny for the next 5 weeks!
By pure chance I'm currently fitting a new kitchen and I'm at a critical stage which required me to inform my golfing buddies that I wouldn't be playing for two weeks, so that's half of the lock down taken care of. That wasn't the kitchen finished it is just the point where professional fitters were coming in to fit a worktop to an island, fat chance now. But there will still be plenty of work to do so that's me sorted.

I would still rather be playing golf.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The link specifically says no golf. But not sure if that is fact or a sky news interpretation. As mentioned, England golf will confirm in the next day or so

This is what I can't stand tbh. Sky etc have no idea what's going on. If golf England say it then it's fact