New Irons

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi, I have a set of very battered old Mizuno Comp EZ, and i feel that i need a new set. I might however point out that i have come from a 28 handicap in January this year to 18, so maybe i dont need a new set. but anyway wat do you think??

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At your rate of improvement you don't need a new set. Wait until your handicap settles down and then take advice from your pro.
I was in too much of a hurry to change my irons and ended up having to change again.

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
thanks for your advice, i think being a junior im just obsessed with the latest gear and i need to remember that half the time its the user not the equipment that makes the difference.

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Unless you are paying for the new clubs, I believe yr parents will thank you for yr patience. (speaking as a parent I know what i'm talking about).

We all obsess about having the latest this and that, but shelling out the hard earned coins sometimes make us think twice!

At yr rate of improvement why would you want to change, fantastic progress, if you want to spend some cash have more lessons.

Well done, keep up that rate of improvement and you will be a low low handicap in no time.

D

Deleted member 1147

My word you are coming down quickly - your thread about Matchplay was only posted yeaterday and your handicap was 20!?!

I'd say stick with 'em - they obviously work!!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm going to add a couple of comments.
i.i.r.c. the comp ez are (yet!) another version of the T-zoid family. I have a feeling that they are both oversize and offset. In which case they are a mid-high h'cap player iron. Unless you are pulling/hooking everything in sight then I'd stick with them a little while longer. I had a set of T-zoids (oversize) and gave them away to my neighbour because the offset was freaking me out and the strike was rather dull compared to a regular sized head. if either of these thing bother you, think about a change. If not, you can play down to 10 or better......we all did it (many years ago) with super-cheap Mizuno sets....Astron/Domino etc.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My advice would be to wait for several reasons. Firstly you will continue to improve as you get bigger/stronger and your technique improves and you play more. Secondly most manufacturers have released their products for 2008 so if you can see out tis summer and then use the winter to practice, you could see what is out next year. Finally, by hanging on, if there is something you have your eye on now, it will be significantly cheaper next year.