New Irons Advice Please

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi Fellas,

I'm possibly looking to buy some new irons and wouldn't mind a bit of advice please.

I'm currently a 22 handicapper, although as I rarely play in competitions this is unlikely to come down any time soon.

However I'd say my actual game is more like that of a 16 - 18 handicapper.
I have good ball striking with my irons, can putt well, driving is hit and miss at times but in the main it's decent (although it's straight more than long).

I think it's my pitching and chipping that would stop me playing to better than about 16 - 18, although I am going to have a lesson on this soon.

I currently use TaylorMade RAC OS II irons and love these, but they are getting a but old now and could probably do with updating.

What irons would you recommend I look at ?

Obviously I know there is nothing like trying out a few sets on the range and deciding what I get on with best, but ideally I'd like to narrow my choice down to 4 or 5 first then try these out.

boggybop

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm a 19 handicapper and absolutely love my Taylormade r7 irons. They are confidence boosting at address, and give sufficient forgiveness on off-centre hits. What's more they can be picked up at a decent price, especially as TM seem to being new sets out every couple of months.

If not the Mizuno MX-200's have also received rave reviews recently.

mono217

Journeyman Pro
i707.photobucket.com
I'm a 19 handicapper and absolutely love my Taylormade r7 irons. They are confidence boosting at address, and give sufficient forgiveness on off-centre hits. What's more they can be picked up at a decent price, especially as TM seem to being new sets out every couple of months.

They are excellent are junior captain has them. They feel great to hit a nice solid club.

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
Sorry I've moved this to the 'Ask The Experts' section as I believe it should be placed there.

I've tried to edit my post to remove it but it won't let me, so could any mods please remove this post from this section.

Thanks.