New driver shaft

Visit site
Hopefully you can offer me some advice re a new driver shaft.

I currently have the Taylormade Tour Burner 10.5 degrees right handed regular flex shafted driver. I am however quite inconsistent with it. I have recently been trying out exactly the same club but with the stiff Taylormade stock shaft and hit it with a much more controlled and slightly lower flight. However, my mate wants £70 for the driver and I thought if I’m paying that I should also consider a better quality shaft in my driver. No idea what quality the stock shaft is in that club but in the regular version it’s very whippy and imo quite rubbish!

I do like the Tour Burner head and it is nice to hit, which is why I don’t really want to change the driver. I can hit it quite long as well getting to 300 yards on a decent shot, but my bad shot is very high with a fade bias – although with the regular shaft anything can happen, from snap hook to power-slice! – always very high though. Ideally I’d like a lower more penetrating flight and the stiff shaft seemed to work.

So which option is best – buy the second hand stiff version for £70 – even though I already own the same club with a different shaft and you can buy the club new for £99 now! or look for a better shaft?

I currently play off 13.7 at Burton on Trent golf club.

Cheers!

T

thecraw

Is it the Fujikua RE-AX shaft that you have in your driver at the moment?

Can you tell me what weight of shaft it is? It'll say 65 or 75 or something somewhere on the shaft.

What sort of ball flight do you have, high, mid or low and what are you looking for?

You may be best to just buy your mates club and punt yours on ebay or on here to try and recoup some of your outlay.

Visit site
Yes, that's the shaft - I think the weight is 55 - the stiff version is 60 - both very light. As I said, I tend to hit the ball very high, but not ballooning. Would rather a lower more penetrating flight.

Got an Adamsgolf idea 7 hybrid that has a superb shaft in - it's regular but a lot stiffer and heavier - low penetrating flight on that. UST or something like that.

Cheers for any help.

Nic