My swing

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi guys,

Needing some help with my swing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcu97EcNPRw

That is my swing, In the past I've not really had a issue with it, but I've always struggled with slicing my driver.

I'm not quite sure how to stop it, but I know I strike the ball with a open club face due to not releasing my wrists. but beyond that, Im as a loss.

(I've never had any lessons, I don't belong to a club yet so I've never been recommended to have lessons)

Help please

Cheers gents

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Ok.
Its a pretty good swing but the direction of your club at impact is causing the slice

Lump.jpg

The line on the left is your backswing and on the right your downswing.
You can clearly see it's swinging to the left hence the open face, hence the slice.
You look very upright at address which isn't helping. Try standing a bit further away from the ball with a bit more bend from the hips. That will help you swing straighter through the ball.
HTH :)

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Do you line up with your shoulders slightly open at address ?

Your feet are square, and it's difficult to be sure, but to me your shoulders look like they may be pointing slightly left of target at address.

In which case, it might not be your swing that's wrong, just a simple adjustment in your set up.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Update:

I tried the things suggested, while it helped. Still had some issues.

Thankfully the range pro was around and gave me a few pointers which have worked wonders. Straight and 250 with ease.

Cheers fellas!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I was dropping my Left shoulder and not tucking in my right elbow. Causing me to pull more with my left arm which was opening the face.

You havea lot of good things going on in your swing, this isn't one of them...

ott.gif

As Bobmac points out you are taking the club on a nice plane but then bringing it down in front of you (over the top) causing you to slice across the ball from out-to-in, imparting too much side spin.

nb: You can fix an open clubface by simply strenghtening your grip (getting that clubface to point a little to the left at address) which will turn a slice into a fade (or possibly a nice pull-fade).

HTH...