My swing ** Video Included **

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
A little quick in the transition which could lead to a snatch under pressure or in strong winds.
Other than that, not bad. Now go out and play and stop fiddling with it. (swing)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
You must be Britain's worst putter. Although it all looks rather 'deliberate', I would pay good money for that swing.

Off the tee is my issue pal. Driver killed me last season and did well to finish lower than I started.

A little quick in the transition which could lead to a snatch under pressure or in strong winds.
Other than that, not bad. Now go out and play and stop fiddling with it. (swing)

Pretty much what I'm currently looking at with my Pro Bob (Transition). At the minute, it's keeping my head a little more 'still' as opposed to moving toward target.

Thanks for the positive comments.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

Silly question Bob, but I'm going to ask anyway as I'd like your thoughts.

How/What is the best way to make the transition more smooth?

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My belief, for what it's worth, is the extra power comes from where I've been told to "Post".
As a fellow one planer, I start the downswing with a slight move to the target with my left hip and the "Post" position is then turning that left hip making sure it doesn't extend beyond the left foot. It's this snap of the hip that adds that extra power.
Hope that makes sence

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Like pushing a child on a swing?

Push too fast from the top and the child falls off.

I like that way of thinking, nothing to do with the swing, rather the comedy of pushing a kid and the swinging going but the kid not.........

In seriousness, this is my biggest issue in that I snatch, my pro has said the same as Bob in that I must start steady till my arms are back at 9 o clock position. I do a couple of practise swings before each shot to emphasise this,,,, then do my best (notice I don't say repeat) to make it happen in my actual stroke.

Nice swing though, looked like a very slight draw, maybe practice with the stick that is causing the problem, cause the irons look great.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree that the tempo is rather hurried from start to finish. Try saying Seve's name whilst swinging. Try slowing it down by starting with the backswing and imagine saying S e v e r i a n o in an Ivor Robson voice tempo as if he was introducing him. Just swing to the top saying his first name only and ingrain a slight pause at the top. Then I agree with what Jensen says about the left hip and its initiation.

One other thing, set up looks great, but you lose the right knee flex on the backswing. It straightens up too much, try and retain that flex on the backswing, activate your right thigh muscles before your take away and feel the resistance this causes while rotating the upper half against your right leg.

Hope that also makes sense.