My swing......The Squire

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Apart from needing traction after watching them they don't look too bad. The only comment I would make is that there seemed a tad too much movement with the left leg on a short iron shot and maybe the posture was a tad cramped with the chin a little tucked in.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It is odd looking at them horizontally, no doubt. Not sure what I don't like about the rear view, but it is much better from the side. Tad quick in the back swing, and a touch compact, but then it is a wedge. Be more useful to see a 6i.

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
The angle of the video is not the best, I will get my mate to hold the phone the other way next time. Thanks for the comments, am I too far from the ball ? Or should my arms be nearer my legs ie, am I stretching? Although it doesn't feel like I am it looks like I maybe.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I thought you were about right in terms of ball placement. Not too far you are stretching, and not too close to be cramped. Looked ok to me, just like to see a bit more turn in the back swing really.

And ditch the coat.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Squire, it all looks pretty good mate.
I only have one suggestion.
Take a look at your right leg at the top of your backswing.
Happy?

NeilPlimmer25

Club Champion
Visit site
The Squire

It would be great if you could provide me with a little bit of info about your whole game. I posted some questions on a previous page.

Really like the way you move the top half of your body and the direction in which you swing the club.

The observation I would make is how much your lower body moves in the backswing.
I really like my pupils to keep there lower half reasonabley quiet during the backswing
Notice how your left knee moves towards your right and also how your left hip is lower than your right at the top of the backswing. This will lead to inconsistent ball stiking and generally (I assume) shots missed out to the right.

Try and maintain the gap between your knees throughout your backswing that you started with at address, then on the way down bring them closer together as you move to a balanced finish. You should then be able to maintain the level of your hips throughout the motion, vital to quality ball striking, distance control and direction.

Look forward to hearing how you get on

Neil Plimmer