My first fitting - this Saturday!

RaCs

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi guys!

Hope you are all well!

I have booked an appointment for my first ever golf club fitting for this Saturday and I am really excited about it and what I will be getting out of it! I am looking at buying a new set of clubs from Driver right through to my irons and I want to ensure that this new set is the one that I will have for many many years to come so I want to make sure everything is spot on! I would like to once and for all understand my exact specs such as lie angle, swing and ball speed, shaft stifness bla bla! Basically the whole works!

I will be going with an open mind but to be honest I have my sights set firmly on getting fitted for the Titleist 714 iron range and would like to try both the AP1's and AP2's! I do understand though that these may not necessarily suit my game so I could end up with a set of different irons from a completely different manufacturer! For the driver and fairway woods again would like to go down the Titleist route!

As this will be my very first time, is there any advice or tips any of you could give me when it comes to the actual fitting? Any things to look out for, ask, find out about etc?

Thanks guys! :)

SVB

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi there, I hope you have a good session. Where are you going to do your fitting?

I did a similar thing recently and posted a review here.

What I don't think I said is that before going down the ping route, I had tried clubs including my existing Yonex set, TM, Titleist, Callaway, Wilson, Ping and one or two others I can't remember before settling on the pings. The decision to go to Gainsbough was as much for the excuse of a nice day out as anything at the time although on balance it was definately worth the extra effort and distance.

Because of this, if this is the start of this journey for you, don't get or feel pressured to make a decision too early - take your time.

Also, you may wish to take a break or re-book to do it in two sessions as I did start hitting some tired shots by the end of my session.

Either way, have fun and enjoy the process. Also, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask so make the best of the fitters knowledge and experinance.

Simon