Motorway delays

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think we should just hang a sign on the M5/M4 Almondsbury Interchange south bound saying “Sorry we’re full, please find alternative holiday areas”.
Played a match at Tehidy Park in Cornwall this week and the main topic of conversation from the locals was that they couldn’t go anywhere as all the roads are full and at a stand still.
Handsome bit of weather though.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Just spent 6 hours on the way from Great Yarmouth to West London.
Putting the same journey into a route planner for now it takes 3 hours. Should have stayed there for the day.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We got caught on it one year, never been down that way before and had no idea. Next time we used it the journeys were like a military operation, up at dawn everyone in the car, off we go. I wasn't popular but it avoided the hell that happens on there every summer.
I don’t know why I agreed but Missis T fancied calling into Tewksbury for a couple of hours on the way back. The M5 already had tail backs. I ended up cutting through Evesham, wish I hadn’t . Got onto the M40 and it was rammed solid. The M42 the same. The M42 was rammed with tailbacks 6 miles going up the motorway. It was a snails pace. Why Coz a BMW had a smacked into a Tesla. Flippin rubberneckers. Average speed from Tewksbury to Mansfield. 34 mph.
On a positive I bought my first Dandy monster comic annual from 1947 ? in Tewksbury so not a wasted journey.

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don’t know why I agreed but Missis T fancied calling into Tewksbury for a couple of hours on the way back. The M5 already had tail backs. I ended up cutting through Evesham, wish I hadn’t . Got onto the M40 and it was rammed solid. The M42 the same. The M42 was rammed with tailbacks 6 miles going up the motorway. It was a snails pace. Why Coz a BMW had a smacked into a Tesla. Flippin rubberneckers. Average speed from Tewksbury to Mansfield. 34 mph.
On a positive I bought my first Dandy monster comic annual from 1947 ? in Tewksbury so not a wasted journey.
Tewkers is nice old Market town, well worth a stop over.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
M5 chunked, took the scenic route to Bridport through Bath, Bradford on Avon, Frome, Shepton Mallet etc, other than a few downpours enjoyed the journey.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think we should just hang a sign on the M5/M4 Almondsbury Interchange south bound saying “Sorry we’re full, please find alternative holiday areas”.
Played a match at Tehidy Park in Cornwall this week and the main topic of conversation from the locals was that they couldn’t go anywhere as all the roads are full and at a stand still.

I agree that people should use their imagination more and find somewhere else, especially as the M4 and M5 are the Almighty's gift to caravans.
Barely a gradient all the way down to Devon.
These road trains take up far too much space without paying extra tax.

The motorways in N. Warwickshire, near Coleshill (M6 and M42) were at a standstill yesterday.
Likely cause was holidaymakers from the north attempting to get to the M5.
Car, campervan and caravan Armageddon.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I agree that people should use their imagination more and find somewhere else, especially as the M4 and M5 are the Almighty's gift to caravans.
Barely a gradient all the way down to Devon.
These road trains take up far too much space without paying extra tax.

The motorways in N. Warwickshire, near Coleshill (M6 and M42) were at a standstill yesterday.
Likely cause was holidaymakers from the north attempting to get to the M5.
Car, campervan and caravan Armageddon.
A massive part of the problem.was the rubber neckers looking at the smash 5-6 miles north of the ring rd. I was not happy being stuck in it when I did not have to be there in the first place. Deffo lesson learned.