• closing curtians

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • attacking burglars

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Every great shot is fun, but if push comes to shove what do you get more pleasure from - a drive caned 320 with a soft draw down the middle, or canning a triple-breaking 50-footer on the green??

For me, it's neither - I get the most pleasure from looking at my opponent's face when a near-impossible greenside chip comes off to perfection!! Instant change of thought from "I've going to have two for it," to "Dang! Now I've got to hole this for the half." Priceless!!

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Easy. You're the first to play in a fourball on a long par 5. You hit a 300 plus yard drive that splits the fairway. Watching everyone else try and follow you is always a pleasure!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
No, don't agree with either Chipin1 or furyk_or_unique, for me it's got to be hitting a 3-iron out of the screws to land on the fringe of the green and run up towards the flag...true satisfaction!

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Trueblue, I can't believe anyone is still using a 3-iron these days! Isn't it high time you treated yourself to one of those new-fangled rescue clubs to bring yourself back in line with most of golf's top pros??

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
I suppose being one of the few people talented enough to hit a 3-iron sweetly is not appreciated...shame - Would have thought anyone looking to play lots of links courses, at great layouts such as RWNGC, would need to know how to hit a low and sweet 3-iron, or even a 2-iron!

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A 15ft putt into the centre of the cup is always nice - then again, a three footer in the centre of the cup is nice as well.

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
I love hitting a driver off the deck!!! Just love it- alright it doesn’t come off every time but when it does its such a good feeling- especially into the wind, watching it fly through the air and past the three woods your partners have just hit! its also a big psychological boost in match play.

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Re: 3 irons? they're for attacking burglars aren't they....VOTE NOW

I’ve herd a rumour that true blue even misses those burglars with his three iron!

FergusB

Hacker
Visit site

I agree with True blue. A long iron off the deck, preferably on a links course, where you just pick it crisply off the turf and it flies straight and low, lands 10 yards short of the pin and rolls up. The reason a long iron shot is the most satisfying is because it's the hardest to perfect, if you get it right you can be very proud of yourself. Rescue clubs are for wimps.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site

Now your talking FergusB! Rescue clubs...heaven sevens...plus fours...it's all the same...for grandads and slightly dubious men