Mobile Bay LPGA Classic

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Remember that recent thread about LPGA averages that left some of us feeling a bit smug? Well today:

Stacy Lewis - 63

fairways - 13/14
putts - 27
greens - 16/18
driving avg - 292 - she's 5' and a fag end tall !

Anna Nordqvist - 61

fairways - 14/14
putts - 26
greens - 17/18
Driving avg - 281

I want more ladies golf on TV.

Last edited:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good post mate. I love watching Ladies golf, but my Missus is still a bit suspicious. It doesn't help when the first time she sits down and watches some with me, it's the Womens Open from Royal Liverpool (I think) and Paula Creamer turns up in stripey stockings and a short short skirt. She didn't sit down long with me.........

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Coronation st, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks, Doctors, This Morning, various hospital dramas, babies everywhere, cookery programs on every channel, dancing on x factor plus more and more and more. There is enough on for Women as it is from 9am until 9pm and you want more. There is barely any reason to put the TV on these days as it is and you want girly golf on more. Unbelievable to me.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
+1 for more of the Women's game on TV for me.

What little I've seen on the goggle box has been really enjoyable and well worth watching. I can relate to the way they play a lot better than the PGA tour boys. Simply because I can't leather the ball extreme distances and have to focus more on keeping it in play and getting round, that being said the distances mentioned on here I'd be needing the forward tees to keep up haha!

Maybe I'm missing drawboys point but what has a bunch of inane soaps got to do with wanting to watch or stop people from watching ladies golf! Perhaps if there were more coverage of it more women and younger girls would start playin so that in a few years this county has a healthy crop of female golfers! I want to get my daughter (daughters the new ones a girl to) into playing golf where else could I get to share a hobby better than on a course where it's one of the only games we can share a hobby together.

Plus cooking programmes rock I love food and cooking :thup:

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I put Sky sports on the other night and it had netball on......netball FGS! :rolleyes:

Don't see the issue myself. They have to cater for everyone and there will be ladies that wish to watch that and good on them for broadcasting it there are other sports channels they broadcast for everyone else.

I put it on the other day and they had cricket on! Cricket FGS now that is crap but its personal preference I simply chose not to watch it as I don't like it but many other people do!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Remember that recent thread about LPGA averages that left some of us feeling a bit smug? Well today:

Stacy Lewis - 63

fairways - 13/14
putts - 27
greens - 16/18
driving avg - 292 - she's 5' and a fag end tall !

Anna Nordqvist - 61

fairways - 14/14
putts - 26
greens - 17/18
Driving avg - 281

I want more ladies golf on TV.

Stacy Lewis has a driver swing speed around 100 mph. But she has a very efficient swing and maximises her distance with a high launch and low spin. Not to mention rather good technique too.

Her swing speed should give her a carry distance of about 250 yards, and with some run, perhaps 265 or so. So 290 is atypical and presumably is due to firm fairways, altitude, weather conditions or something else.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stacy Lewis has a driver swing speed around 100 mph. But she has a very efficient swing and maximises her distance with a high launch and low spin. Not to mention rather good technique too.

Her swing speed should give her a carry distance of about 250 yards, and with some run, perhaps 265 or so. So 290 is atypical and presumably is due to firm fairways, altitude, weather conditions or something else.

There was certainly something exceptional about the conditions/ scoring yesterday, Stacy has an average distance for the year of 259 and an accuracy of 75%.