Mizuno JPX EZ Cast or Forged

Visit site
Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience with both? I popped in the shop and preferred the look of the forged, but I'm all about forgiveness so would get used to the cast.

I've had TM in the past - 2.0, RBladez - but then been using Clevekand 588 TTs for the last year. I can play well with them, but seem to hit a lot of rubbish shots too.

I play off 12 but my iron play is probably the weakest part of my game.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They arent out until Feb are they? I really want to try them but considering I just got my Srixons im gonna be damned if i do damned if i dont! The old JPX EZ Forged were incredible irons and i think they look a lot better with this new darker face. Try both out at one of the fitting days they have in your local area, Mizuno make incredible irons for feel and control and you wont be disappointed.

http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/custom-fit/demo-days/

Thats a good start to get a look at the custom fit options too. I hope this helps

DCB

Visit site
I picked up a set of the cast EZs with senior flex graphite shafts to help me back into my golf after my accident. Not played anything along GI lines for many a year, but, these are incredible. Helping me get back to where I want to be. Very easy to hit and very forgiving. No qualms about playing the cast version either.

Well worth a try.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Go and try both!

I got fitted for mine at Burhill Golf Club (when Mizuno used to operate out of there) and went along thinking that the JPX EZ would be the ones for me as I wanted forgiveness rather than players clubs. Ended up hitting both and really found little difference in forgiveness between the cast and the forged. Ended up going with the latter as they had a thinner top line and didn't feel so chunky!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience with both? I popped in the shop and preferred the look of the forged, but I'm all about forgiveness so would get used to the cast.

I've had TM in the past - 2.0, RBladez - but then been using Clevekand 588 TTs for the last year. I can play well with them, but seem to hit a lot of rubbish shots too.

I play off 12 but my iron play is probably the weakest part of my game.

Try both if you can. I think Mizuno make great clubs and just because a club is forged doesn't mean it'll be unforgiving. If you can see if the shop has a monitor you can see if theres much difference between the forged and cast which may influence you.