Mizuno Demo Day

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone been to one of these, and are they any good?

Direct Golf near me has one of these on Monday and I'm thinking about making an appointment to go along, but wondered if anyone has been to one before and if they are actually any good.

I'm currently contemplating treating myself for being such a good dad and partner, and getting custom fit for some new mizzies. My existing MP 53's are still in good condition, but they were just a second hand set bought off the shelf and ideally I would like to go down the custom fit route.

So I was wondering if these demo days are actually any good for getting a custom fit, or are they just an opportunity for people to just hit a load of different clubs. I am wanting to use the Mizuno DNA system to identify the best shafts, then try out different combinations of head and shafts. Would also be looking to try out different length of shafts as I will no doubt be needing them longer than standard.

Comments from anyone who has been to one of these before would be appreciated. (Chrisd you can just keep any comments to yourself on this thread, as it's not a panic buy........yet :D )

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Has anyone been to one of these, and are they any good?

Direct Golf near me has one of these on Monday and I'm thinking about making an appointment to go along, but wondered if anyone has been to one before and if they are actually any good.

I'm currently contemplating treating myself for being such a good dad and partner, and getting custom fit for some new mizzies. My existing MP 53's are still in good condition, but they were just a second hand set bought off the shelf and ideally I would like to go down the custom fit route.

So I was wondering if these demo days are actually any good for getting a custom fit, or are they just an opportunity for people to just hit a load of different clubs. I am wanting to use the Mizuno DNA system to identify the best shafts, then try out different combinations of head and shafts. Would also be looking to try out different length of shafts as I will no doubt be needing them longer than standard.

Comments from anyone who has been to one of these before would be appreciated. (Chrisd you can just keep any comments to yourself on this thread, as it's not a panic buy........yet :D )

Ive been to a couple of Mizuno one and i would say they are a starting point rather than a fit as such. i found it was a way of ruling out certain clubs before the fitting.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
The range I use had one a little while back.

I put my name down just to try the H4 (18°) with varying shafts.

Very useful as they had several bays set up and had use of the ranges flight scope too.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I go to a lot of these days as the range to me seems to have most of the big names a few times a year and I'm a sucker for hitting new clubs. Always a good chance to try the latest offerings on a range although shaft options normally restricted to R and S in a lot of cases so it's nowhere near a custom fit. A good place to start though to see how clubs behave and if they suit and for narrowing options down

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I got fit for irons recently at a local shop, tried a few different makes out, but settled on the Mizuno's, now had the fitter used the DNA gizmo, for my swing speed etc. he would've put a stiff shaft in the club, which when I tried was no good for me, so the fitter tried me with heavier regular shaft which is brilliant.

So the DNA gizmo may work for some people, but for others it might not give the best data for shaft selection.

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think I might just go and have a play then, and if I like what I see then book a proper fitting at a later date.

Thanks

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
If they do the swing DNA and the shaft recommendation is what you have on the MP-53 would you consider taking the clubs for a retro fit where they might be able to adjust the lofts and lies appropriately. I know St Andrews Links does a retro fit for £17 then £3 per club for an adjustment. Obviously therei mght be a limit to the amount a club ccan be adjusted

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If they do the swing DNA and the shaft recommendation is what you have on the MP-53 would you consider taking the clubs for a retro fit where they might be able to adjust the lofts and lies appropriately. I know St Andrews Links does a retro fit for £17 then £3 per club for an adjustment. Obviously therei mght be a limit to the amount a club ccan be adjusted

I certainly would. If one of the 3 recommended shafts was the same as I currently have, and none of the others gave any real improvement in performance, then I would just look to getting any alterations needed to my current irons. The irons are forged so there should be plentry of room for any required alterations. That way the money I saved I could spend on some new wedges :D.