Midland golf challenge 2018

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Opened today and with the wife working the week of the EDEN trophy I've jumped into the MC instead.

Anyone from the forum playing this year?

Entry in, excited already #HurryHurry

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
£57 a day no accommodation and local, my other option was http://www.golfempire.co.uk/features/south-wales-links-championship.htm

Petrol, accommodation, entry a lot more. I've not played little Aston or beau desert so a one of treat.

Links on other events ? Moortown

D

Deleted member 18588

It is imo, I prefer the northern ones more that feature Moortown, Ganton Lindtick and other quality heathland courses up that neck of the woods.

And yet the Yorkshire event is more expensive.

D

Deleted member 21258

Here is another one :-

http://www.wirralgolfclassic.co.uk/default.aspx

Never realised there were so many of these kind of events that take place. Thanks for the links above:thup: .

The Midlands one for Little Aston/Beau/Blackwell I thought was not bad value when compared to green fees rates, but compared to their opens(£45 a head iirc) or reciprocal rates are quite expensive, Little Aston and Beau are great courses, never played Blackwell.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Beau Desert is a great track (definitely heathland not parkland!)

Little Aston is of similar standard but parkland and not my cup of tea (talk about stuffy)

I hear Blackwell is immaculate and very very private, so sounds like a good way to get to play it

D

Deleted member 18588

No doubt because the quality of the courses is twofold.

Ryder Cup heathland course/s Vs Midland Parkland courses 🤔

All about opinions.

I have never played Ganton, Moortown is very good but it wouldn't bother me if I never play Lindricl again. Overrated course and a truly pretentious club.

Never heard Beau Desert described as parkland. Little Aston is one of the finest parkland tracks in England. My opinion of Blackwell is similar to the one I have of Lindrick.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
All about opinions.

I have never played Ganton, Moortown is very good but it wouldn't bother me if I never play Lindricl again. Overrated course and a truly pretentious club.

Never heard Beau Desert described as parkland. Little Aston is one of the finest parkland tracks in England. My opinion of Blackwell is similar to the one I have of Lindrick.

Got the 9 days to go email and BLACKWELL long socks it's 2018 are long socks really needed in 25+ degree heat, I'm not wearign shorts for fashion more to cool down.

Next Wednesday looking forward to all 3 and trousers for Thursday ( I guess that's what they want right? don't need another telling off.

D

Deleted member 1147

There is also one of these events in the Midlands called the Heathland Golf Classic. It's played over Notts, Sherwood & Lindrick.
I don't know prices, and think you are too late for the 2018 edition, but it may be worth looking at for those that prefer the heathland courses to Parkland, and it's pretty handy for those living in the Midlands.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
There is also one of these events in the Midlands called the Heathland Golf Classic. It's played over Notts, Sherwood & Lindrick.
I don't know prices, and think you are too late for the 2018 edition, but it may be worth looking at for those that prefer the heathland courses to Parkland, and it's pretty handy for those living in the Midlands.

£398 on golfempire £66 a day - decent prizes tbf http://heathlandgolfclassic.co.uk/information/prizes/

worth a go in 2019 if I start hitting it better :-(