Mentmore Golf Club - Abandoned Pictures

John Llewellyn

Assistant Pro
Visit site
not sure if this info is any use to you?

Torvean in Inverness is closing in July, well changing the name and moving to a new course across the road. First 4 holes have already been closed for the new canal swing bridge and roadto the western bypass. old layout going apart from the 16th and 18th
Not familiar with the area. Is it Kings Golf Club, Torvean that's moving?

sunshine

Visit site
Not very surprising news. I played Mentmore once, 10 years ago now. Really boring course, don't remember a thing about it. A lot of the courses built 20-30 years ago are instantly forgettable, and these seem to be the ones struggling today. They're just not in the same league as the older courses up and down the country designed by the likes of Colt etc.

Leftie7

Visit site
Hi all,

Used to be a member at Mentmore Golf and Country Club up until it's unfortunate closure in 2015, went snooping up there the other day to see what state it was in. Sorry to say it is totally overgrown and completely abandoned, dashing any hopes I may have had of it coming back to life anytime soon! I even climbed up on top of the clubhouse to catch view down the old driveway!

Might be of interest for anyone who has ever played the course. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has heard any news about the place recently?

Cheers

News story on closure - https://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/...s-as-business-becomes-unsustainable-1-6785291.

Images on OneDrive - https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhqXEtOC-ybvphzCR6iXQnmvkYuX

Who owns the club or the land? Surely it can't just sit there derelict for years. Must be redeveloped or sold soon.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Who owns the club or the land? Surely it can't just sit there derelict for years. Must be redeveloped or sold soon.

the club was bought back out of administration by the previous owner (plenty about him earlier in thread), hes basically mothballed it whilst attempting to get planning permission to build a hotel on the site without success. the club owns some of the land and the rest is leased from a local farmer