Meeting

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I hope he doesn't win in the next few weeks! You'll have 9 friends at the throats of 4 friends, whilst he blissfully disappears off home with their cash.

As for he's been spotted a few times recently; how many times hasn't he been spotted and how many times has he STOLEN the pot?

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think it has been handled very well but it'll be interested to see if he heeds it and whether he does it in other swindles if he jumps to those, and how closely he's policed there if some are aware of his history

As I mentioned before his reputation is growing and there's a board member sniffing around him at the moment as well.

Tough one. Experienced something similar several years ago. The guy had a bit of a rep for the leather wedge, moving a ball in a bunker, casually picking his ball up and moving it 30-40yds before putting it down again. Sadly, after the gentle warning akin to what you've suggested it started up again. He was spotted on 3 occasions in the same round, which led to another meeting.

Some didn't want to go through with the final ultimatum, which unfortunately led to the swindle breaking up completely. Thoughts moved to if some were willing to accept it what were they doing... The culprit then moved on to pastures new after a few months but the swindle never reformed.

Each situation is different, different people with a different mind set but in hindsight I wish we'd just quietly told him at the first instance he couldn't play with us.

Good luck.

Agreed, we have to follow through otherwise it'll be like a child you threatened with a punishment and didn't follow through, of the 9 who voted for the ultimatum a good portion of those were leaning towards showing him the door.

If the casual warnings were not enough then I don't see an ultimatum doing anything different except to heighten tension and bad feeling in both directions

The fact that 13 blokes actually got together to discuss it (& a 1/3rd want him booted) means its already irrecoverable

No doubt, and as said before by at least one other, if it was me I'd be too embarrassed to continue with the same group.

I hope he doesn't win in the next few weeks! You'll have 9 friends at the throats of 4 friends, whilst he blissfully disappears off home with their cash.

As for he's been spotted a few times recently; how many times hasn't he been spotted and how many times has he STOLEN the pot?

It's almost upsetting that despite the suspicions he very rarely wins!
There'll be that many eyes on him for the next few weeks at least that if he does win it'll more than scrutinised.