MD Superstrong or secondhand premium brand?

tagnut69

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi I am unable to test out the new MD superstrong irons, but would like peoples opinion on them compared to a second hand set of Ping G10's or similar, both can be had for £200.

I know a couple of years agoe the MD stuff was geting rave rewiews both on the forums and in the comics but all seems to have gone quiet recently

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Chap I work with has the MD Superstrong irond and hybrids.

He swears my MD now. He's currrently after the matching 3 wood and driver to match his irons.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If you are prepared to go second hand, then the Super Strongs second would be an even greater deal!

Also available from a pretty reliable Ebay seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MD-GOLF-S...lfClubs_JN&hash=item256d4696c7#ht_1208wt_1029

If you are likely to be changing again in a year or so, then the Pings will almost certainly hold their value better. Though perhaps worth waiting a month or so until the G20s are really widespread so the G10s are likely to reduce a little more - they still seem quite highly priced to me for a '2 generations ago' club.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
the pictures of those seve icon irons ive posted do not do them justice at all. they are beautiful irons. i could put a lever brothers gurantee on these.