Many ways to get in the hole..

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I dont play very often, so dont have much of swing.. Played Silvermere today.. Nothing like having your first swing on the tee box.. no time for range

Opening hole is a P5 435y dogleg left.
1) Topped my driver... luckily sailed past the ladies.
2) Hit my 4H.. decent contact but saw it leak right towards the far edge of the dogleg. Good line to green.
3) 168y to green. Could not see the yellow flag as it was lost in the trees/autumn colours in the back. My PP said it was behind the bunker, but still could not see it. So after a quick chat, decided to ignore it and hit into the heart of the green away from the bunker. Hit a peach of a shot.

Walked up.. could not locate the ball.. only to find it sleeping at the bottom of the hole. The hole was in the middle of the green (my PP had seen something else). My first ever Eagle!!!!
<nothing to write about the rest of the game, but who cares> Told the family about it when i got home, and no one cared either :)

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well played. How was the course today? Busy? I use to play it a lot

It is quiet expensive (£35), so it was not busy when we tee-ed off, but it was getting busy behind us - as twilight rates kick in. Cracking weather today.. The sweaters were off by the third hole.
The course was alright. Greens were good, rough is rough. But unlike a hoebridge, Silvermere does not drain very quickly. Due to the weather, parts of the course which got good sun played fast, but plenty of soft ground around..

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is quiet expensive (£35), so it was not busy when we tee-ed off, but it was getting busy behind us - as twilight rates kick in. Cracking weather today.. The sweaters were off by the third hole.
The course was alright. Greens were good, rough is rough. But unlike a hoebridge, Silvermere does not drain very quickly. Due to the weather, parts of the course which got good sun played fast, but plenty of soft ground around..
If its soft now, it'll be a mudbath by December. It never drained well. I'd prefer Hoebridge every time although if you're playing around that area Pyrford is the best option for a pay and player

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If its soft now, it'll be a mudbath by December. It never drained well. I'd prefer Hoebridge every time although if you're playing around that area Pyrford is the best option for a pay and player

I like Pyrford... used to play there a bit... but given that i dont play much, i have no consistency so tend to spay everywhere.. too much water comes into play at Pyrford
The most forgiving course in the area is therefore Pine Ridge.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
congrats ion the one great shot.....enjoy it and remember many more to come and many bad ones to

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have you (both) played them recently?

No.. have you played Pyrford.. Hoebridge is my local and while I havent played it for a while, I am pretty sure it will be good (but busy)

congrats ion the one great shot.....enjoy it and remember many more to come and many bad ones to
Agree... The rest of the round was utterly forgettable.. But who cares :)

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Pyrford is better than Hoebridge - yes I’ve played both and many much better but in isolation both are like having to drink Fosters as that’s the only lager available.

Interesting.. looks like Pyrford needs a visit soonish.