Low Spinning Premium Balls

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
ProV1 and ZStar are both 3 piece balls...its all in the cover.
Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten that. However as you say it's in the cover and they are definitely spinning more off a poorly hit driver and the AD333 tour and it's own covering and so at the moment I need a trade off and something staying closer in play and losing a little stopping power on the greens. IF I ever start hitting it well off the tee again then I can look to revert

Springveldt

Visit site
Recently was fitted for a new driver, G410 SFT. Chose that over TM Sim MAX D as easier to hit, BUT does launch v high and spin more than I'd want. Thinking of counteracting that with a lower spinning ball (off the driver at least). Currently use B'stone RX. Any suggestions gratefully received (h'cap is 18, BTW)
You are already using Bridgestone's lower spinning premium ball, the only other option really would be the Titleist AVX. To be honest though, I found these balls are lower spinning off of irons, nearly all premium balls are around the same off the driver, there is no magic ball out there that will take you from 2800 to 2000 if that's what you are after. Also, depending on swing speed, 2000 or so may actually be too low.

What will get you there though is a better strike and a better delivery. Make sure you are not hitting low on the face or the heal of the driver, that will usually raise the spin, as will hitting down on it. You want to be hitting up on the ball with the centre (obviously, or pretty near to it wherever the sweet spot is on the face) but I find a much better miss is higher on the face or more towards the toe.

You are an 18 handicapper, I wouldn't be getting obsessed with knocking 600 RPM off your driver for an extra 5 yards, you should be working on other parts of your game imho.

Springveldt

Visit site
Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten that. However as you say it's in the cover and they are definitely spinning more off a poorly hit driver and the AD333 tour and it's own covering and so at the moment I need a trade off and something staying closer in play and losing a little stopping power on the greens. IF I ever start hitting it well off the tee again then I can look to revert
I thought the AD333 Tour had a Urethane cover but a lower compression, like the TaylorMade Project (a) and whatever they called the ball this year (Tour Response or something?).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I thought the AD333 Tour had a Urethane cover but a lower compression, like the TaylorMade Project (a) and whatever they called the ball this year (Tour Response or something?).
Put a mixture of Titleist NXT I've got left, Tour Soft which I think replaced them, and some AD333 Tours in today. Forgotten what a potent ball the NXT was and distance definitely better with these even into the wind. Put the AD333's into play on the back nine and felt they were a little shorter although perhaps to be totally judgemental given the strong wind I played in this morning and then the rain