Love Island

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It's a toxic show. The same girls who watch it and bitch about someone on the show are the ones that'll bang on about mental health and 'be kind' when it suits them.

That said I've dipped more than my fair share of Love Island wannabes in Spain and Dubai over the last 5 years so can't complain too much. String bikinis and heels with a load of booze and sun...yes please :sneaky::cool:
Actually the girls in this series are sticking together and calling out lying and unacceptable and deceitful behaviour by the lads for what it is - and not just playing off against each other for the attention of some bloke.

My Mrs points out that this is a very good thing - and really good thing for girls watching to see - as many lads these days seem to think that it's OK to mess around when in relationships; that they feel so special that it's OK and that girls should just 'get over it' when their messing around and lying are revealed. We have seen this played out ourselves in our daughter's friendship group - indeed with our daughter - and their male friends - where the behaviour and selfishness and conceit of some of the lads towards the girls has been pretty appalling.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Actually the girls in this series are sticking together and calling out lying and unacceptable and deceitful behaviour by the lads for what it is - and not just playing off against each other for the attention of some bloke.

My Mrs points out that this is a very good thing - and really good thing for girls watching to see - as many lads these days seem to think that it's OK to mess around when in relationships; that they feel so special that it's OK and that girls should just 'get over it' when their messing around and lying are revealed. We have seen this played out ourselves in our daughter's friendship group - indeed with our daughter - and their male friends - where the behaviour and selfishness and conceit of some of the lads towards the girls has been pretty appalling.

That’s all well and good, but I’d say it’s pretty obvious that the ones arguing now will be back together in the next few days.

Either way, you see about 40 minutes of coverage from the day…..the producers select what to show to cause the most drama/discussion on the “outside”

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That’s all well and good, but I’d say it’s pretty obvious that the ones arguing now will be back together in the next few days.

Either way, you see about 40 minutes of coverage from the day…..the producers select what to show to cause the most drama/discussion on the “outside”
The niece of one of our staff was sat next to Brad, evicted, on the train down to London last week. She knew him from school and she was quizzing him about the experience. Only positive was the gist. He also explained outcomes that happened that were never shown on the programme but happened. It's like I'm a Celeb, the editing can manipulate massively, as you rightly say.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Which is what my daughter said…and she was right…and you were right. But at least a couple of the girls gave the lads a public ‘piece of their mind’ - not that there is much that is ‘private’ in all of this nonsense. But it all boosts the Instagram following of a few of them up to the 500,000 mark…which I guess is the whole point of their being on this.

BTW - and just in case false impression is given...?…and my Mrs aren’t really fans of this…as my Mrs said last night…it’s the sort of thing that she’ll have on occasionally as TV ‘wallpaper‘ and so not really watching.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Which is what my daughter said…and she was right…and you were right. But at least a couple of the girls gave the lads a public ‘piece of their mind’ - not that there is much that is ‘private’ in all of this nonsense. But it all boosts the Instagram following of a few of them up to the 500,000 mark…which I guess is the whole point of their being on this.

BTW - and just in case false impression is given...?…and my Mrs aren’t really fans of this…as my Mrs said last night…it’s the sort of thing that she’ll have on occasionally as TV ‘wallpaper‘ and so not really watching.

Dont worry SILH... no one is judging you for Love Island.. there are plenty of other posts to do so :)