Love Island

Visit site
Don't get the hate here
The Italian equivalent from years ago - 'La Isola di Famosi' used to be a highlight of the lass's week - with a high quality cast of castaways - I still remember the season when Mario Balotelli's sister was on :)

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a married and mortgaged man in the 40+ category, I understand that I am not a target audience for Love Island. The morning drive time Capital radio keep talking about it, so i finally found it while sofa surfing last night.
What an absolutely shallow & skin show it is. The fakeness puts Wrestling into second place.

To think that young teens and 13+ watch this show and are inspired by it, makes me wonder about the general IQ these days.

Listening to a grown up radio station would help avoid it ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I love a bit of Love Island Bantz…however…

My Mrs had us watching it last night as our daughter told us it was a re-coupling evening…she watches soze she can discuss with her mates. Frankly I found it rather grotesque… but that’s no different from previous seasons watching. Fortunately those taking part are not representative in their looks of the young of today…according to our 19yr old assistant in the shop…though apparently a lot of girls obsess about the ‘look’ - the lips and the ‘over boob‘ bikini…And as for the guys…jeez. Self obsessed and a just a tad narcissistic the lot of them. But I’ll probably find myself watching for the cringing.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I love a bit of Love Island Bantz…however…

My Mrs had us watching it last night as our daughter told us it was a re-coupling evening…she watches soze she can discuss with her mates. Frankly I found it rather grotesque… but that’s no different from previous seasons watching. Fortunately those taking part are not representative in their looks of the young of today…according to our 19yr old assistant in the shop…though apparently a lot of girls obsess about the ‘look’ - the lips and the ‘over boob‘ bikini…And as for the guys…jeez. Self obsessed and a just a tad narcissistic the lot of them. But I’ll probably find myself watching for the cringing.

I would have never put SILH as a Love Island audience. Also now i know that parchment paper is an ‘over boob’ bikini .. I finally learnt something from SILH

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've only watched it once. I had just finished watching Rambo and I was waiting for terminator 2 to start, thought it was ok

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't understand it myself. Let's put some braindead morons half naked together and see if they shag. How is that entertaining? It's totally beyond me. Then again I used to play the Sims on PC when I was young and this is pretty much the same thing in real life - just some people devoid of personalities who can't think for themselves in a forced environment. :LOL:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Nothing to suggest that you are in favour of such TV, but lots to suggest that you are in favour of people's rights to freely do what makes them happy (even if that includes watching Love Island). Sorry, my mistake.
People can do exactly what they want and I can have an opinion on that. No derivation from my beliefs.

4LEX

Visit site
It's a toxic show. The same girls who watch it and bitch about someone on the show are the ones that'll bang on about mental health and 'be kind' when it suits them.

That said I've dipped more than my fair share of Love Island wannabes in Spain and Dubai over the last 5 years so can't complain too much. String bikinis and heels with a load of booze and sun...yes please :sneaky::cool: