Lost Beers

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In terms of bad ones - I remember coming back from West ham away and me and me uncle got a pack of Carlsberg special brew - horrible stuff, so we swapped it with some lads in front who had Kestrel super strength - even worse.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Almost all beers in the 1960s/1970s were Rammel. The only draft worth drinking in the those days was Worthington 'E' Now we are spoiled with a great number of really good beers. Current fav is either Bathems or Otter.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Current favourite of mine right now is Native Gold, on tap at the golf club, or Admiral IPA from the Nelson brewery for bottled.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are Rolling Rock, Labatz and Schlitz still about in UK, used to be popular too back in 90s.

I remember rolling rock and Labbats, but don't remember Schiltz, don't see them much now.

After the Molson dry phase I moved into K cider (the 8.4% one, not the 6% one of years later) and even TNT cider (it was in the shape of a stick of dynamite), and yes it did blow your head off.

G.U.R

Head Pro
Visit site
Others that were rank were Skol and Harp, no character at all.

I see your Skol and Harp and I'll raise to Hoffmeister, a truly awful beer.

I drink Carlsberg Export at the moment but also enjoy Kronenborg 1664. As a lad living near Abingdon there were a lot of Morlands pubs about and used to enjoy a pint of Morlands Mild. Occasionally have a Mackeson if they are on sale.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Greenalls bitter, Grunhalle lager. Gone and thank God for that. The standard beer in about 75% of the pubs in the area where I started drinking. Consistently awful and definitely not missed.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When aldi first opened in the UK there own brand brew lager was called Saracen. It was 1.2% alcohol and was liquid Rammel. At 49p for four cans it was all I could afford back in the day.
It was god awful.