Long term house rental Spain

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Genuine question: Isn't it impossible to answer queries about Brits moving to Spain without talking about Brexit?
This is an old thread resurrected

Yes it is possible, you stick with the facts,

IE, "You now need these documents to stay longer than 3 months"
Compared to "you now need these documents to stay longer than 3 months thanks to Brexit, it was so much simpler before"

see the difference.

Just keep the politics out and all is good

D-S

Visit site

Compared to "you now need these documents to stay longer than 3 months thanks to Brexit, it was so much simpler before"

see the difference.

Isn’t the bigger issue - why isn’t this thread in the ‘Out of Bounds’ forum?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site

see the difference.

But the second statement is a fact - not an opinion?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Not a political opinion, but hopefully a bit helpful for anyone considering making a move to Spain one day...

I listen to Simon Calder's (travel journalist) daily podcast and he talked yesterday about the current rules around British passport holders staying in an EU country. He seems to think that there is a chance that the 90 day rule will be relaxed at some point... He didn't go into mass detail (I don't think he knows much about it right now) and he did say that it would take some time to be sorted, unsurprisingly. But a chink of light for anyone looking ar retiring in Spain.

My sights are set on something similar one day, but I have plenty of years ahead until it is possible. I'm hoping that moving to the EU as a British passport holder will one day become as simple as it was before the B word happened.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

see the difference.

All very well Phil unless someone wants to know a bit of background and rationale behind an individual‘s plans either to remain in Spain; move to Spain, or move from Spain.

But there we go...let’s not talk about it - suits some.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not a political opinion, but hopefully a bit helpful for anyone considering making a move to Spain one day...

I listen to Simon Calder's (travel journalist) daily podcast and he talked yesterday about the current rules around British passport holders staying in an EU country. He seems to think that there is a chance that the 90 day rule will be relaxed at some point... He didn't go into mass detail (I don't think he knows much about it right now) and he did say that it would take some time to be sorted, unsurprisingly. But a chink of light for anyone looking ar retiring in Spain.

My sights are set on something similar one day, but I have plenty of years ahead until it is possible. I'm hoping that moving to the EU as a British passport holder will one day become as simple as it was before the B word happened.
I suspect you are over the line…🙄😖

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
All very well Phil unless someone wants to know a bit of background and rationale behind an individual‘s plans either to remain in Spain; move to Spain, or move from Spain.

So take it to PM

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

The U.K. is classed as a 3rd country. There are rules behind what you can & can’t do when travelling to, and staying in, the EU. Those rules apply to a multitude of countries, not just the U.K. How those rules came about has absolutely no relevance to someone wanting to come to Spain now.

The 90 day Schengan rule applies to every country, including other EU countries, they’re just not applied very vigorously to other EU countries. Freedom of movement is time limited in every EU country, even for EU citizens, along with healthcare and driving licences.

Will the 90 day rule be relaxed? Some of the provinces are already petitioning for it to be relaxed.

But many of the rules and taxes are different from one EU country to the next. In terms of taxes, Portugal is a great place to move to at present. No income tax for 2 years, and other taxes greatly reduced.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The U.K. is classed as a 3rd country. There are rules behind what you can & can’t do when travelling to, and staying in, the EU. Those rules apply to a multitude of countries, not just the U.K. How those rules came about has absolutely no relevance to someone wanting to come to Spain now.

The 90 day Schengan rule applies to every country, including other EU countries, they’re just not applied very vigorously to other EU countries. Freedom of movement is time limited in every EU country, even for EU citizens, along with healthcare and driving licences.

Will the 90 day rule be relaxed? Some of the provinces are already petitioning for it to be relaxed.

But many of the rules and taxes are different from one EU country to the next. In terms of taxes, Portugal is a great place to move to at present. No income tax for 2 years, and other taxes greatly reduced.
We do like Portugal…and not for golfing reasons though obviously these are significant.