Lofts and draw bias opposite for left handers???

Jmarrgolf

Visit site
Im a left handed golfer and I carry cobra driver and 3wood with adjustable loft etc.

I was recently told that as a leftie I must do the opposite to what the shaft adapter says (draw bias will create more slice and increasing loft will actually decrease loft).

Can anyone confirm either if this is total BS or whether it is actually true? I'd like to say no wonder I've continued to slice it all these years, but in truth even a draw bias couldn't help my swing!!

Thanks!

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
I can't answer the question (sure that some of the more knowledgable guys will be able to) but it does remind me of an old playing partner I had. He was a lefty and we both had an occasional wicked slice off the tee . We used to tee off together and not see / talk to each other again until we both got to the green!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm pretty sure most manufacturers have left and right hand adjustment sleeves.
If you have a left handed head and fit a shaft with a right hand sleeve then the stated adjustment will have the opposite effect
But if you purchased new I would suggest that the head and sleeve will both be leftie

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Im a left handed golfer and I carry cobra driver and 3wood with adjustable loft etc.

I was recently told that as a leftie I must do the opposite to what the shaft adapter says (draw bias will create more slice and increasing loft will actually decrease loft).

Can anyone confirm either if this is total BS or whether it is actually true? I'd like to say no wonder I've continued to slice it all these years, but in truth even a draw bias couldn't help my swing!!

Thanks!

I am a fellow leftie and my driver (Epic SZ) and 3 wood (f9) both have left handed adapters and do exactly what they say on them

robbeh32

Visit site
I'm left handed and have right handed adapter so yes the lofts are opposite but draw bias is still the same. If you have left handed adapter I believe there are markings on the adapter somewhere.