Liverpool

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well what a great day
Parked at the Seacombe Ferry terminal and were on the pier head outside the Liver Building at 9.10

Quick wander round to the Cavern Club. Grab a tea at a greasy spoon and into the Museum of Liverpool for opening time at 10.

Lots of interesting stuff there

We were booked into a tour of The Liver Building at 11.15 ( Thanks to Peter (liverbirdie) for the heads up) it E was really good, great views and perfect weather

After that my carer wanted to hit the Tate Liverpool, well not my cup of tea, but hey ho, some seriously weird stuff in there
But is it art?

Then grab a panini, wander round the Albert Dock and back for the 3 pm ferry
home around 7 and a fish supper

Thanks everyone for their suggestions ?[/QUOTE
Sort some golf out if you come back some time.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well what a great day
Parked at the Seacombe Ferry terminal and were on the pier head outside the Liver Building at 9.10

Quick wander round to the Cavern Club. Grab a tea at a greasy spoon and into the Museum of Liverpool for opening time at 10.

We were booked into a tour of The Liver Building at 11.15 ( Thanks to Peter (liverbirdie) for the heads up) it was really good, great views and perfect weather

After that my carer wanted to hit the Tate Liverpool, well not my cup of tea, but hey ho, some seriously weird stuff in there
But is it art?

Thanks everyone for their suggestions ?

Glad you enjoyed it, Phil.

First time in Liverpool?

D

Deleted member 16999

Since I was a Spotty youth , aged about 14 we went to the Isle of Man for a week and took the ferry from Liverpool, but first time walking around the city

Certainly on the list to go back to ?
The more time you spend there, the more you’ll discover, bit biased, but the history and culture of the place is unreal.

Great place for a weekend break to start with.(y)

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad you enjoyed your day Phil. I’ve only just seen this thread so apologies for the lack of input.

A few other things for when your next up.
Take a tour Williamson’s tunnels.

Underneath the proddy cathedral have some decent events going on.

Or the lesser seen Lutyens crypt is a hidden gem.

All of course probably closed now due to the COVID, as are the karaoke bars. I personally wouldn’t have bothered ?? ??

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Well what a great day

We were booked into a tour of The Liver Building at 11.15 ( Thanks to Peter (liverbirdie) for the heads up) it was really good, great views and perfect weather

But is it art?

Thanks everyone for their suggestions ?
Your day sounds slightly different to mine with Rick and Phil, when we were shown the sights by Stu and Pete.:eek: Still having nightmares.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
D4S.

Its boss mate, dont take any notice of gobshites with an agenda against the city, or lazy stereotypes, its a great city for a veeeeerrryyy long weekend.
I would argue the best night out in the UK for ages 18-80, loads of clubs and bars and also loads of real ale and good old fashioned "arl mens" boozers.

Many museums, art galleries, theatres, shopping and live music.

Most people say that the friendly welcome from the locals is up there with the Irish "warmth".

Yes we have our problems, and some people let us down, but the city centre is a cracking place to eat and drink in, loads of great architecture from the Victorian and Georgian era and lots of cultural stuff to do as well.

If you like the Beatles as well, your in heaven, and that's before the world class footy team......as well as the current league leaders. :D

D

Deleted member 1740

D4S.

Its boss mate, dont take any notice of gobshites with an agenda against the city, or lazy stereotypes, its a great city for a veeeeerrryyy long weekend.
I would argue the best night out in the UK for ages 18-80, loads of clubs and bars and also loads of real ale and good old fashioned "arl mens" boozers.

Many museums, art galleries, theatres, shopping and live music.

Most people say that the friendly welcome from the locals is up there with the Irish "warmth".

Yes we have our problems, and some people let us down, but the city centre is a cracking place to eat and drink in, loads of great architecture from the Victorian and Georgian era and lots of cultural stuff to do as well.

If you like the Beatles as well, your in heaven, and that's before the world class footy team......as well as the current league leaders. :D

I thought my TV was broke when they showed the league table ???

3-off-the-tee

Visit site
One of my favourite places in the country to go with the Mrs, absolutely love the Albert Dock area.

Went back a few months ago for an Anfield tour with the old man (he’s never been) and had a lovely walk around Stanley Park beforehand.

Some brilliant pubs, restaurants, bars etc and the locals are all friendly enough.

The Titanic museum was decent as well.