Lions squad announced

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
WTF are some of you drinking/smoking ????

Croft and Armitage in the Lions squad ? Are you having a laugh ? I can't remember which of you mentioned Flood should be in the squad, but again I ask myself how much have you been drinking to think any of the above mentioned players are anywhere near good enough to be in the squad.

And as for Flutey !!! My God, he's had 2/3 half decent outings recently, and you lot think he has the right to be in the squad ?????

And what about Ellis, Sheridan, Vickery, Shaw or Worsley ?!?!?!?!?! The mind boggles as to how their names have got on the list, methinks McGeechan has made a mistake by including 7 out of those 8 names.

Maybe I'd have taken Flutey, I'd definitely take Mears, but as for the rest of the English players, they don't deserve to be there. Let's be honest here, there are better players available, but could you manage the fuss kicked up by the RFU if only 1/2 English players were taken on the tour ! After the money the English RFU/sponsors/TV companies spend on the whole Lions Tour, they expect there to be included a number of English players in the squad, regardless of merit or ability.

Rant Over

I was wondering when a post like this would turn up , Couldnt help smiling when I saw where youre from :D :D :D

Oh and perhaps I deliberately spelled Mr Earls name wrong in a thinly veiled attempt at irony

The same arguments always turn up in the days after a lions squad is announced , We shouldnt take so many crappy Englishmen , why arent there more Scots (we all know the answer to that one) , All 15 first team players should be Welsh cos we're brilliant we are.....and on and on

golf_bug

Head Pro
Visit site
When I first saw the squad I thought it was a shambles. 2 full backs and 2 10s isn't enough for a demanding lions tour. However, I think the selectors have doe something very clever. They have picked individuals who are team players. There are no 'egos' in there like Cipriani or Armitage. I reckon the balance of the squad is good, but I would have liked to have seen the inclusion of a utility back like Foden to provide cover.