Lifetime Membership at Fortrose & Rosemarkie for £3K

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I play here for 6 months of the year and it’s an absolute superb course for the money.
Its not Castle Stewart, Royal Dornoch or Nairn, these are world class courses in my opinion and I’ve played them several times.
The weather 9 times out of 10 always seems brilliant, the wind is the killer here but really good players could beat it up on a calm day.
Its such a laid back place you can’t help but love it.
From the secretary to the Pro, all cracking lads.
Food is excellent also and a good malt range.
Its a shame to see them struggle, there looking to lose 100k In visitor fees.
i think they have been struggling for a few years now Brian, i rememeber a couple of years ago they did a cheap offer for membership that was posted out to every houshold in the area, thats how desperate they were. i have thought about it a few times, but it' takes about the same amount of time to get to as Nairn, can get very busy at times too, they do have or did have a a big membership??

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I play here for 6 months of the year and it’s an absolute superb course for the money.
Its not Castle Stewart, Royal Dornoch or Nairn, these are world class courses in my opinion and I’ve played them several times.
The weather 9 times out of 10 always seems brilliant, the wind is the killer here but really good players could beat it up on a calm day.
Its such a laid back place you can’t help but love it.
From the secretary to the Pro, all cracking lads.
Food is excellent also and a good malt range.
Its a shame to see them struggle, there looking to lose 100k In visitor fees.

Part of me wonders why they struggle now considering what they now charge for green fees!!!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
i think they have been struggling for a few years now Brian, i rememeber a couple of years ago they did a cheap offer for membership that was posted out to every houshold in the area, thats how desperate they were. i have thought about it a few times, but it' takes about the same amount of time to get to as Nairn, can get very busy at times too, they do have or did have a a big membership??

Again, not sure About membership numbers, but it’s a 30min drive for a great course at very little price.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
£3k looks a bargain for what you get. Like others, I can’t help but feel it’s a sign of an irrecoverable financial situation making this a risky investment.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Again, not sure About membership numbers, but it’s a 30min drive for a great course at very little price.
it is, what is it for full membershi nowp?? less than £500? that is bargain no question.

lets face it though numbers playing is falling at an alarming rate in Sneck, you can walk straight into Culcabock (inverness), 10 years ago it was a 10 year waiting list just to get on the list. Fairways closed a few months ago but thats been on the cards for years had less tha 100 members anyway.

too many clubs, not enough golfers now

Last edited:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
it is, what is it for full membership?? less than £500? that is bargain no question.

its face it tougg numbers playing is falling at an alarming rate in Sneck, you can walk straight into Culcabock, 10 years ago it was a 10 year waiting list just to get on the list.

Patrick, get your butler to interpret please!!!!

What is that supposed to say - lay off the Pims old chap.