Lifetime Membership at Fortrose & Rosemarkie for £3K

D

Deleted member 21258

Think its probably only worth it, if you live within say 50-100 miles range and therefore would use it enough over the lifetime to warranty it.

But certainly an interesting offer.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I know the question was posed about lifetime memberships just the other day, but having just seen this, for the price, could be sorely tempted, if I had a spare 3K lying around

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news...zjwoK9HA0QgGYDvRvtIeXqxbd456SRm8Bn11flG0KnZvo
A cousin plays at Muir of Ord - but has just moved to just outside Fortrose for his 'final move'. I wonder if he'll shift to F&R for this deal. Got a load of close relatives living on the Black Isle - they keep telling me to sell up in Surrey and move there. Yes it's bleedin' cold and windy at times - but boy - it's tempting.

D

Deleted Member 1156

A cousin plays at Muir of Ord - but has just moved to just outside Fortrose for his 'final move'. I wonder if he'll shift to F&R for this deal. Got a load of close relatives living on the Black Isle - they keep telling me to sell up in Surrey and move there. Yes it's bleedin' cold and windy at times - but boy - it's tempting.
No, apparently it has it's own microclimate. Shorts all year round!

D

Deleted Member 1156

if you are going to slip in with the snide digs get you facts right fortrose is miles from Nairn ,,, which has better weather than most other places close by... look it up you clown:rolleyes:
9 miles to be precise straight across the estuary. And it wasn't a snide remark, I was just quoting what you have told the forum. You can hand it out but you certainly can't take it ;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
9 miles to be precise straight across the estuary. And it wasn't a snide remark, I was just quoting what you have told the forum. You can hand it out but you certainly can't take it ;)

its not straight across anything, fortrose is on a diff line for the weather that runs up the great glen, as well as a course expert are you are a weather expert too... :LOL:

and how do you know what i wear when i play and what had it go to do with you?

as for not taking it, what like you when you get your boyfriends to all come on and stick up for you like usually happens someone stands up to your trolling.

tell you what next time you come up to rate some car parks, drop me a line we can meet we will see who can take it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Worth remenbering that the lifetime involves that of the club as well as you.
I always believe clubs offering these deals are in a financial stooshy.
Be careful.
Mind you, you do get a free dolphin show every day.

D

Deleted Member 1156

how do you know what i wear and what the weather is like up here?

as for not taking it, what like you when you get your boyfriends to all come on and stick up for you like usually happens someone stands up to your trolling.

tell you what next time you come up to rate some car parks, drop me a line we can meet we will see who can take it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks for your kind offer but you're too late, I was there last year. Had an interesting chat with the 3 members at Nairn that I played with (y)

And don't worry about my 'boyfriends', if they stick up for me it's because they choose to not because I ask them too.

Checked up on anyone's handicap recently?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks for your kind offer but you're too late, I was there last year. Had an interesting chat with the 3 members at Nairn that I played with (y)

And don't worry about my 'boyfriends', if they stick up for me it's because they choose to not because I ask them too.

Checked up on anyone's handicap recently?

why anyone been lying about what their handicap is and bragging about it?

Last edited:

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played in their open last year, crackin' course. Even being a bit further away, if I had the spare cash (which I don't) I would be tempted.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I played in their open last year, crackin' course. Even being a bit further away, if I had the spare cash (which I don't) I would be tempted.
quite a good winter course, because its in the middle of the Moray Firth, its doesn't get frost very often, though it is very short, i think its only 6000 off the very very back tee's always bloody windy though and gets very busy, a fav with seniors as its any easy walking short course

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I also played there in an open last year and based on the prices in my part of the country £3,000 is a bargain if you live near to the course. I suspect that you would want to be on the north side of Inverness to make it worthwhile.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I play here for 6 months of the year and it’s an absolute superb course for the money.
Its not Castle Stewart, Royal Dornoch or Nairn, these are world class courses in my opinion and I’ve played them several times.
The weather 9 times out of 10 always seems brilliant, the wind is the killer here but really good players could beat it up on a calm day.
Its such a laid back place you can’t help but love it.
From the secretary to the Pro, all cracking lads.
Food is excellent also and a good malt range.
Its a shame to see them struggle, there looking to lose 100k In visitor fees.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I also played there in an open last year and based on the prices in my part of the country £3,000 is a bargain if you live near to the course. I suspect that you would want to be on the north side of Inverness to make it worthwhile.
as someone else said its country membership so outside 50 miles.

i think it takes me just over half an hour to drive there from West Sneck, longer than Nairn even though its closer

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
quite a good winter course, because its in the middle of the Moray Firth, its doesn't get frost very often, though it is very short, i think its only 6000 off the very very back tee's always bloody windy though and gets very busy, a fav with seniors as its any easy walking short course

Tighter than two coats of paint in places!