Let's all laugh at Rangers.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'll openly admit we are every bit a bad but I can't miss up on the opportunity to enjoy this latest showing by the shame....nice run of 4-1 home defeats you have going there,quality one this one tho against what many Huns were classing as a 'diddy team'....a sad night for english football. ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I thought when I saw them 1-0 up that it might be a good night for them. As two of my Saturday group are Celtic and Rangers respectively I fancy it could get a bit lively from the the 1st tee on and that scoring may come a distant second

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes

We play the 4-1 4-1 formation at home in europe. :p

The three players at last nights press conference were Weir Fleck 'n' Rotten. :p

Why won't my phone stop ringing!!!!!!!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another nightmare night for Scottish football the standard is shocking, that will be the Romanians back to there day job begging and playing the accordian on Buchannan Street again :D

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
After that showing, how long before the automatic spot into the Champions League gets withdrawn??

There was an interesting debate on Talksport a couple of weeks ago about how to revive/ improve Scottish football and it's been something that Walter Smith has mentioned during recent interviews.

I really don't know the answer but it will be a long term plan that is needed because it is such a poor product at the moment from top to bottom.

Financially it is obviously a struggle for them all but for that to improve it is the "chicken & egg" situation. The product has to be good before you can interest any big TV money which will then enable the whole game to invest in improvement. Any TV money that is attracted obviously relys heavily on the participation of Rangers & Celtic.

The big 2 are quite clearly desperate to get out and join a higher profile competition but unless a European league is formed it's hard to see where they can go. Would their departure also signal the end of professional football for the rest of Scottish teams??

Tough times north of the border and hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This thread should be called "let's all laugh at Scottish football!".

It's an embarrassment! I support Hearts and we're no better, in fact this season has been very rubbish so far. However, it's not just individual clubs that have a problem, it's the whole national game.

The game in Scotland needs to be ripped apart and set up again. Times have changed since football was popular through most of last century and even a small country like Scotland could financially support so many small community based clubs. There are basicially too many clubs and football associations in Scotland for it ever to be a success and as popular as it was.

The lack of interest (from paying public right through to TV), and therefore money coming into the game, is hurting the club teams and more importantly, the national team as well.

We can all laugh at how bad the old firm do in europe most years, but something seriously needs done about our game.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Simple...

The national teams of Scotland, Norther Ireland and Wales will never win anything, club sides are not likely to (don't) pull up any trees in Europe.

England are a couple of players short of winning an international tournament in my opinion.

Time to merge the four nations and become the 'United Kingdom'

Merge the leagues, have the top two divisions as UK wide then regionalise the rest.

It will save money for lower league sides and the administration that is hitting a lot may be reduced.

Where do Celtic and Rangers go?

I think it has to be the Premier League, the rest of the sides should be allocated league places based on achievements and financial books over the last ten years or so - over the next four or five seasons clubs will find their natural level.

OK, maybe not 'simple'

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Simple...

Time to merge the four nations and become the 'United Kingdom'

Merge the leagues, have the top two divisions as UK wide then regionalise the rest.

You having a laugh? Scotland will be independent before that ever happens, so it will never happen...

Nice idea though, as long as politics could be kept out of it. I actually think Scotland should only have 3 top leagues, with 16 in the top and 12 in the bottom two. That also won't happen though. Too many selfish people running Scottish football too worried about their own self rather than the good of the game.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
The main problem with Scottish football is the lack of kids playing the game. My son is 10 and plays for Celtic Boys Club under 11's who play 7 a sides 2 games 50 minutes each. They have a manager and 4 coaches most of the teams they play only have 9 to 10 players they have 18 ,9 for each game it gets a bit embarassing at times seeing kids playing twice and looking knackered thats the problem grass roots.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Totally agree slugger, I did have my tongue in cheek when I was typing, coming South is the only way Celtic and Rangers could be competative again, but don't think either deserve Prem places.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
a sad night for english football

I thought this was a back-handed ( :p) reference to how Andy Murray becomes English if he wins

There are basicially too many clubs and football associations in Scotland

don't feel neglected, I've long thought this about the English leagues. too many teams, chasing too many mediocre players, and mostly with not enough money

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
The main problem with Scottish football is the lack of kids playing the game. My son is 10 and plays for Celtic Boys Club under 11's who play 7 a sides 2 games 50 minutes each. They have a manager and 4 coaches most of the teams they play only have 9 to 10 players they have 18 ,9 for each game it gets a bit embarassing at times seeing kids playing twice and looking knackered thats the problem grass roots.

So how do you remedy that?

Bottom line on every scheme or idea is money, investment in facilities, equipment, coaches etc. That cash generally comes from your FA, but if your National team and the top sides in your league are serving up rubbish they have nothing to attract investors in and so the grass routes clubs suffer.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Scotland always had skilled players who learned their tricks playing in the street and maturing at the same time as their friends. Now you have 14 year olds playing under 18 and kids signed to a club are unable to play for their schools, boys brigade and boys clubs.

When I was young I played Saturday mornings with the school then go straight to play for the BB's and then on sunday I would play for the boys club.

In between all this I would be in the street with my mates playing most nights.

Kids cant be ersed going out to play as they cant play in the street because one shot off target can cause £1,000 of damage to a car, they cant go to the park because their parents wont let them so the sit with the Xbox and do hee haw.

DCB

Visit site
When I was young I played Saturday mornings with the school then go straight to play for the BB's and then on sunday I would play for the boys club.

Just think how good your golf could have been if you'd focussed on it rather than wasting your time trying to be the next big find at the Well ;)